Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 General Technique Questions
 But What About the Ball???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bean
Chatty Knitter

143 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2004 :  07:09:30 AM  Show Profile Send Bean a Private Message
For my first "garment" I'm making the "Martina" shell from the free patterns on the Berroco site. I've just finished the back and the instructions tell me to "slip all sts onto holder for back neck." OK -- but what do I do with the remaining ball of yarn still attached? Do I put the whole thing aside? Do I cut the yarn and use it to start the front piece of the shell? I'm confused! Thanks!

Donna

Wovenflame
Seriously Hooked

Canada
812 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2004 :  08:18:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wovenflame's Homepage Send Wovenflame a Private Message
Read further into your directions and see if that particular ball of yarn will be picked up for the neck trim or not. Sometimes it isn't and you can cut it off. Other times it is from there that you start your pick up and it will be handier if you do not cut it off.

Of course you can just start the front with a new ball anyway, it wouldn't hurt.

-Marlene-
Go to Top of Page

ChristinaP
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2004 :  10:32:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit ChristinaP's Homepage Send ChristinaP a Private Message
I tend to not burn bridges and just leave it attached and start with a new ball. I rather have it dangling then have to join more for a couple of quick rows.
imho
Christina p

In Maryland
Blog: http://christinasknitting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.83 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth