Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 I am without CONSCIENCE!!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lori Jean (aka lj81)
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  10:02:34 AM  Show Profile Send Lori Jean (aka lj81) a Private Message
Ok, went to B&N to look at the new Knitting mag, and ended up with three new books and the August KnitnStyle mag. Yikes!!! But I'm so HAPPY!

Lori Jean "often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key"

ChristinaP
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  11:10:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit ChristinaP's Homepage Send ChristinaP a Private Message
As long as you're happy!
But maybe you'd be safer in a library

In Maryland
Blog: http://christinasknitting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  2:54:38 PM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
I'm glad you're happy. Have a great 4th!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

Smock7
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
491 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  6:29:44 PM  Show Profile Send Smock7 a Private Message
Lori Jean! I KNOW exactly how you feel! I've used the excuse that I just want to LOOK at the new book as a excuse to go to B&N and half of the time ended up with a new book and/or magazine! Of course, my financial situtation has changed so now when I get the urge, I think I'll go to my old stash or on-line for the freebies! I have more patterns than I could possibly knit in my life-time....of course I plan to live to 130 so maybe I can make a major dent!

Vanessa

Treat children with respect to teach them respect.
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  05:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
I think cartoonist Lynn Johnston said it best: "Going into a bookstore and buying one book is like going into McDonald's and buying one french fry." Enjoy!!

--Susan T-O in Long Beach CA

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." --Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2596 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  10:37:42 AM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
Cute Susan, and oh so true.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  10:54:11 AM  Show Profile Send Heather a Private Message
Hey, well, it's cheaper than heroin. No less addictve, though.

--Heather

He Rest O Pand Spen Das Oci Alho Ur In Harm Les Smirt Hand funl Et fri Ends Hip Re Ign Beju Stand Kin Dan Devils Peak of No Ne!
Go to Top of Page

Lori Jean (aka lj81)
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  11:17:02 AM  Show Profile Send Lori Jean (aka lj81) a Private Message
I know I'm not alone, that's why I love the KR. I actually got the best book, and I know it'd been discussed in the forums before, but I didn't realize what a treasure it is. It's Stitch n beach Knitters Handbook. So much great, easy to understand info. I think I might send a copy to my daughter in New York.

Lori Jean "often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key"
Go to Top of Page

Knit Twit
Chatty Knitter

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  12:41:42 PM  Show Profile Send Knit Twit a Private Message
I am happy for you and hope you enjoy them...gotta grab happiness when the opportunity arises, and like everyone always mentions, our hobby isn't hurting anyone (and it's helping the economy...yeah!). My main weaknesses are books, yarn, and stuffed animals, and as long as I try to be somewhat financially responsible , I figure I'm feeding my head, my creativity, and the weird little kid in me that still likes surrounding herself with fluffy friends. Have fun!

Terri :)

Discretionary Spending = Yarn and Teddy Bears
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.