Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Lavender as Moth-Repellent?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

al_spinner
New Pal

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  6:09:52 PM  Show Profile Send al_spinner a Private Message
I'm confused as to whether lavender is a good moth repellent. I've heard conflicting stories, some people seem to say it works well, other say it has the opposite effect and actually ATTRACTS moths...Does anyone have the final word on this??

Aurelie

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  6:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
No clue, but I've heard that bay leaves are a good deterrent.

Dee
~Licensed2Knit
Go to Top of Page

unorthodox
Chatty Knitter

129 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  10:59:27 PM  Show Profile Send unorthodox a Private Message
here is just one of many articles proclaiming the virtues of lavender. i, for one, love it and do use it amongst my huge stash of yarn. (i also grow it in just about every corner of our yard.) http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_lavender.htm#lavender_parts

Go to Top of Page

letti
Chatty Knitter

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  04:48:13 AM  Show Profile Send letti a Private Message
Fell in love with Lavender at a very young age. Love making a cup of lavender tea before going to bed. Great site.

Letti

"Anybody is liable to fall off a tightrope in any land, I thought, and God help you if you fall the wrong way."
Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4390 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  05:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
Lavender plus pennyroyal has always worked for me! And the lavender scent is so relaxing, too...

Jane

My album: http://jane.c.home.mindspring.com/
Go to Top of Page

unorthodox
Chatty Knitter

129 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  08:42:06 AM  Show Profile Send unorthodox a Private Message
be careful

to dry your lavender in a way that does not damage the flowers. if using within the storage bin of your yarn, and be careful that all "critters" have been successfully "relocated." there are chips sold that are lavender scented which can be purchased at LYS's & online. however, a cotton ball with some lavender essential oil would be just as effective. i have done both. an added benefit is the GLORIOUS scent you may have while knitting with your MOTH-FREE yarn.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.43 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe