Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Book recommendations and questions
 books on ebay
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2004 :  3:22:44 PM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
I just finished looking at the knitting books available on ebay and found a lot of basic books every knitter wants. Including about 5 or 6 copies of "The Big Book of Knitting" with current bids below $10. Several aran design books, Several lace knitting books. about four in large sizes, and several copies of the Vogue book. plus the usual copies of magazines etc. It looks like a good time to look at them if you are shopping for books. Only one caution.....a lot are from Great Britain so be sure to check our the shipping before bidding.

fran

JoanM
Chatty Knitter

Australia
316 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  02:16:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoanM's Homepage Send JoanM a Private Message
Fran,
Ihave bought some knitting books on ebay, if we can't get them here in Australia. However, I get a lot of cheap, basics and old books at my local second hand (used?) market.
JoanM South Australia
Go to Top of Page

NYC milktoast
Chatty Knitter

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  07:34:54 AM  Show Profile Send NYC milktoast a Private Message
I love ebay....I'm looking for yarn to start another project....since I only have 2 projects going right now!

M!
Go to Top of Page

PamS
Seriously Hooked

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  12:47:17 PM  Show Profile Send PamS a Private Message
You can also find cheap knitting books without the hassle of bidding on ebay's sister company, half.com. I have had luck there as well as on ebay. Also check at overstock.com and other used book sites. You don't have to pay retail if you don't want to anymore.

--Pam
Go to Top of Page

abczora
New Pal

29 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  4:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit abczora's Homepage Send abczora a Private Message
i second overstock.com, i've gotten some really good buys on hardcovers there...

"Quench not the Spirit"
1Thes.5:19
Go to Top of Page

Karen F
Sustaining Member

248 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  5:41:22 PM  Show Profile Send Karen F a Private Message
I second half.com for books!!
Karen
Go to Top of Page

Monkachia
Permanent Resident

USA
1224 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2004 :  06:40:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Monkachia's Homepage Send Monkachia a Private Message
I think overstock.com is the best place for books. I trust them more than an E-Bay seller and their cutomer service is great. Amazon is good also but overstock is much cheaper.
Go to Top of Page

Ilonka
Chatty Knitter

141 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2004 :  1:11:08 PM  Show Profile Send Ilonka a Private Message
I have bought some books on e-bay. K.Buss for one (upon Frans recomendation) Did have some bad experiences. But I found, to say to the merchant," bad representation,I will give bad review" they will make good. But I find some OOP books on ABE.com, these merchants are very trustworthy.

Helene M. Diener
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?