Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Desert Island Stash
 One of Barbara Walker's Treasuries!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knitter@canyonweb.com
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2002 :  11:30:08 AM  Show Profile Send knitter@canyonweb.com a Private Message
If I'm limited to just one book on my island, it would definitely be one of Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting Patterns books. I'm just not sure which one yet--I'll have to let you know. There is such a wealth of material in just one of those books, it would keep a knitter busy forever. I'm in awe of her accomplishments.
Karen

snowangel
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  12:05:50 AM  Show Profile Send snowangel a Private Message
Surely #3 (?) because they are charted. My choice, definitely, plus a ton of briggs and little canadian regal yarn in washed white. Hands down winners. If one could have a second book, it would be a toss-up between Knitting without Tears and Knitting in the Old Way.

Go to Top of Page

snowangel
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  12:05:50 AM  Show Profile Send snowangel a Private Message
Surely #3 (?) because they are charted. My choice, definitely, plus a ton of briggs and little canadian regal yarn in washed white. Hands down winners. If one could have a second book, it would be a toss-up between Knitting without Tears and Knitting in the Old Way.

Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  07:10:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
I guess I'd wanna be sure they had my address, so I could get subscriptions of Interweave Knits and Knitter's and...and...

Now that I have started scouting around for wool, I have found B&L too, and they are wonderful! I have some of their Regal in cranberry for a wonderful cabled pullover/tunic pattern from the cable issue of IK (I think -- my memory's a bit short these days!). Yum! I also like Lamb's Pride, and am currently working on a pullover in jewel toned merino from Jo Sharp (my mom gave me a kit some years ago, and I'm finally getting around to it!! )

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  07:10:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
I guess I'd wanna be sure they had my address, so I could get subscriptions of Interweave Knits and Knitter's and...and...

Now that I have started scouting around for wool, I have found B&L too, and they are wonderful! I have some of their Regal in cranberry for a wonderful cabled pullover/tunic pattern from the cable issue of IK (I think -- my memory's a bit short these days!). Yum! I also like Lamb's Pride, and am currently working on a pullover in jewel toned merino from Jo Sharp (my mom gave me a kit some years ago, and I'm finally getting around to it!! )

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  07:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  07:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
Go to Top of Page

calla1984@yahoo.com
New Pal

18 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  7:08:25 PM  Show Profile Send calla1984@yahoo.com a Private Message

I would definitely pick Barbara Walker and my basic Sweater Wizard encorporating a design from her books; I would use Brown Sheep yarn (which I used almost exclusively).

Go to Top of Page

calla1984@yahoo.com
New Pal

18 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  7:08:25 PM  Show Profile Send calla1984@yahoo.com a Private Message

I would definitely pick Barbara Walker and my basic Sweater Wizard encorporating a design from her books; I would use Brown Sheep yarn (which I used almost exclusively).

Go to Top of Page

calla1984@yahoo.com
New Pal

18 Posts

Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  8:01:41 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
What is B&L yarn?

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=977585&uid=619962&members=1
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  8:01:41 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
What is B&L yarn?

Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

What is B&L yarn?

Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

What is B&L yarn?

Go to Top of Page

craftymjw@hotmail.com
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2003 :  12:10:36 PM  Show Profile Send craftymjw@hotmail.com a Private Message
Hi, knitters! If I were stranded on a desert island, I would want any
color of LionBrand Homespun yarn, Peace Fleece knitting needles, &
"KnitLit". I hope I could have my knitting journal, too.

craftymjw

Keep on knittin'!
Go to Top of Page

craftymjw@hotmail.com
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2003 :  12:10:36 PM  Show Profile Send craftymjw@hotmail.com a Private Message

craftymjw

Keep on knittin'!
Go to Top of Page

craftymjw@hotmail.com
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

craftymjw

Keep on knittin'!
Go to Top of Page

craftymjw@hotmail.com
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

craftymjw

Keep on knittin'!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.