Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 General Technique Questions
 Seaming blanket squares. . .
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Molly C
Seriously Hooked

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  06:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Molly C's Homepage Send Molly C a Private Message
Okay, I am hoping to have my four blankie squares done over the weekend, but I'm not sure how to go about seaming them. I ahve so far managed to complete projects that require little to no seaming, or they were at least made from the same yarn.

The blankie is being made from two diffent colored yarns, and I'll be seaming the squares in a pinwheel fashion, pink, yellow, pink, yellow. How do I sew them together? I'm afraid that if I use the pink yarn for seaming, then you'll see half the seam on the yellow yarn, and if I use the yellow yarn, then you'll see it on the pink side. (See where I'm going with this? ) Since the wrong side will be visible, how do I make my seam invisible considering at least half the time I'll be using the wrong color yarn . . .

Sugestions? Much apppreciated!!!!

Molly
http://knittingmolly.blogspot.com

knittergrrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  09:07:10 AM  Show Profile Send knittergrrl a Private Message
what do you think of the idea of using a third color, like white, to make an obvious decorative seam stitch? I will be doing the same in a few weeks on my afghan. have fun! delta

2004 stats--FOs-17 (some scarves, 1st sweater, mittens, felted cell phone purse, etc) WIP--1 (afghan) UFO-1
>>>Frodo failed. . .Bush has the Ring!
Go to Top of Page

Molly C
Seriously Hooked

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  09:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Molly C's Homepage Send Molly C a Private Message
That is a good idea, but I really want to keep the blanket to the two existing colors.

Molly
http://knittingmolly.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

A10CO
Gabber Extraordinaire

577 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  09:32:06 AM  Show Profile Send A10CO a Private Message
You could crochet them together with either color, or with a third color. This way your "seaming" would really be decorative joining, and you don't have to worry about right or wrong side. Plus, crocheting them together would be, imo, easier than seaming.

2004 FO's: 8; WIP's 3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?