Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitty Cam
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

javaknit
Warming Up

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  12:47:42 PM  Show Profile Send javaknit a Private Message
To anyone watching Knitty Gritty, does it bug you when whatever they show on the Knitty Cam is upside down? When it's right side up, it's really helpful, but upside down doesn't help me much at all am I the only person this bothers?
Rachel

Summer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  3:01:13 PM  Show Profile Send Summer a Private Message
Nope, you're not the only one it bothers. Others have complained also, and DIY has listened. I read somewhere (don't remember where) that they're going to work on that problem in the future tapings.

Jill
Go to Top of Page

Shellizabeth
Chatty Knitter

Canada
312 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  01:55:22 AM  Show Profile Send Shellizabeth a Private Message
Boo Hoo, I don't get the TV channel so I am missing it. Shelley

There is no such thing as too much yarn or too many needles!! Or too many knitting bags either!!!
Go to Top of Page

cmarks
Gabber Extraordinaire

487 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  06:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit cmarks's Homepage Send cmarks a Private Message
OOOOOHHH What is Knitty Gritty?

Peace be with you,
Carol

'Normal' is a setting on the dishwasher.
Go to Top of Page

bleustocking
New Pal

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  07:15:28 AM  Show Profile Send bleustocking a Private Message
Knitty Gritty is Vickie Howell's show on the DIY network. It's got a fun, hip feel to it, which I enjoy, but like Rachel said, it's hard to follow because of the camera angle. She has guests like Erika Knight on to demonstrate projects from their books, or sometimes just friends who like to knit and are a little famous. It's on Friday afternoons, and I think it replays on Saturday or Sunday. I try to catch it each week just so I can learn something new. (Who knew you could knit with tulle?!?)

Deanna
"Do as the goddesses did."~~Ovid
Go to Top of Page

eawaddell@earthlink.net
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  2:05:46 PM  Show Profile Send eawaddell@earthlink.net a Private Message
I'm in Missouri[USA] & it was just on. Sunday at 3:30 to 4:00. I've only caught it a few times, what I like are the little tidbits. Such as how to wash your project, make needles, etc. Odds and ends you have to glean from jillions of books!
mwyn
Go to Top of Page

ericanuckols@hotmail.com
New Pal

Germany
39 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  06:20:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit ericanuckols@hotmail.com's Homepage Send ericanuckols@hotmail.com a Private Message
Oh, I am sooo jealous. Just moved out of the States and I really miss the TV programming back home.

Erica
Go to Top of Page

javaknit
Warming Up

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  4:09:57 PM  Show Profile Send javaknit a Private Message
For those who can't watch Knitty Gritty, all the projects from the show can be seen in the episode guide online at: http://www.diynet.com/diy/episode_archive/0,2019,DIY_18180_445,00.html
They're not the same as watching the show, but the pictures are pretty helpful anyway.
Go to Top of Page

knitlee
New Pal

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  2:29:35 PM  Show Profile Send knitlee a Private Message
I kust got to watch Knitty Gritty for the first time the other day. I was really impressed since I didn't even know it was on until someone here in the forum mentioned it (thank you). I always try to catch Knit One Purl One when it comes on the DIY channel every so many months. I noticed on the last show with the ten year old girls that the needles they were using were to long for them.

So much yarn, so little time
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?