Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 50 Yards or Less
 Bunny
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cowstruck
Chatty Knitter

149 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  2:29:59 PM  Show Profile Send Cowstruck a Private Message
I've made a couple of these as presents. The pattern calls for a 6x6" swatch, but you certainly make a larger one. They're pretty cute:

http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/bunny.shtm

Sarah

GaiaDea
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  6:55:36 PM  Show Profile Send GaiaDea a Private Message
That is soo cute!

Trish
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  7:12:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
What a perfect use for some bits & pieces I've got hanginag around. Thanks, Sarah!

--Susan T-O in Long Beach CA

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." --Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  7:38:37 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
casting on right now, why is it that i never actually use bits and pieces for "bits and pieces" knitting... lol

- Katie

"Say what you mean, and mean what you say"

The next generation of knitters :-)
Go to Top of Page

Chequamegon
Chatty Knitter

231 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  08:25:50 AM  Show Profile Send Chequamegon a Private Message
I was suprised to see this post. I am just finishing my bynny right now . .. what a coincidence. I didn't use bits and pieces though, I bought Debbie Bliss's Cotton Angora. It got so many bad reviews but I just had to try this yarn and it screamed this project. The bunny is very cute. . . I never thought of making it bigger. I will do that with the leftovers.
Go to Top of Page

Zeldabeast
Warming Up

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  5:20:27 PM  Show Profile Send Zeldabeast a Private Message
This bunny is so cute! Great, a new use for leftover yarn.
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4168 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  07:03:27 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to convert this pattern to a 'lop eared' rabbit? I would like to knit some bunnies that look like my lop Louise.

Maybe just a rock in the ear to hold it down?

kim in oregon

http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  6:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Kim, maybe if you attach the ear so it's facing down instead of up? Or knit it in a much looser gauge?

--sto in lbc

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." --Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

jennidina
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  8:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Send jennidina a Yahoo! Message Send jennidina a Private Message
i am in love with that!! my friend just got a book of toy patterns, i'm going to have a zoo by the time i'm done, with lots of bunnys!!

Jenn
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v282/jennidina/ (password, jennidina)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/2knitis2love/
www.theknittinkitten.blogspot.com

i wasn't busy enough being a fulltime student, studying, music, looking for work, playing around with computers, starting a club in school, working in my house, playing with my cats, etc... Thats why i took up Knitting
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  5:21:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
EEEE! I finished mine last night, and if I do say so myself he is ADORABLE!! He's done in dark green Wensleydale handspun. I altered the pattern a bit and gave him a knit tail instead of a stuffing one, and stitched on eyes and a nose. I am definitely making more of these, although I don't know what I'll do with them all. Maybe donate them to a children's hospital? Hmmm... Anyway, this was a fun & quick project, and hardly used any yarn at all.

Go to Top of Page

lacylaine
Seriously Hooked

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  2:55:46 PM  Show Profile Send lacylaine a Private Message
Thank you so much for this wonderful pattern! I'm trying very hard to slow down on my pattern collection due to space but this was a must have. Every year, our church puts together boxes to send to missions that we support for Christmas presents. I'm not a fast enough knitter for mittens and scarves but I think these will be appreciated.

Melanie

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10
Go to Top of Page

Artemis
Chatty Knitter

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  4:27:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Artemis a Yahoo! Message Send Artemis a Private Message
I just bought the Bliss Botton Angora blue color for my boss' soon to be born baby boy. And I wanted to make something out of the scraps, but I didn't know what...THIS IS PERFECT!!! It will make a great outside of the box decoration. THANK YOU!
Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  5:51:17 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
i dont get how to sew the guy together.. he looks like a cross between a turtle and camel now... i got the head sewn..but the legs arent making sense...

- Katie

Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  5:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Katie, make an L with your thumb & forefinger. This represents the corner of the square. Your thumb is the edge leading from the head to the corner, and your forefinger is the edge leading from the corner towards the back of the square. Now bring your fingers together so your thumbtip is touching your finger tip, keeping both finger & thumb straight. That is exactly what you are going to do with your square. Fold the fabric so the "tip of the thumb" meets the "tip of the forefinger" and stitch starting near the head and working towards the corner. You'll note that the head edge is a little shorter than the side edge, but it all works out in the end. And yes, the little guy will go through several odd stages, including frog. . .

Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  4:51:43 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
thanks Susan, ill try that once i feel like pullin the little guy out from under the bed.. lol.. got a bit frustrated

- Katie

Go to Top of Page

SR5Rfan
Permanent Resident

USA
1232 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2004 :  06:57:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit SR5Rfan's Homepage Send SR5Rfan a Private Message
I have to say, this bunny is absolutely adorable. No, I haven't made one (yet) but have seen one "in the flesh" so to speak.... The idea of making a bunch for a Children's Hospital is great. I wonder how they would look using different knit techniques? Maybe a purled bunny?
Go to Top of Page

knittergrrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2004 :  4:37:09 PM  Show Profile Send knittergrrl a Private Message
THAT'S what i'm going to use w/ the ball of deep blue baby alpaca my friend bought me on an outing of hers. Do i need another project!? noooooo.....casting on....delta

2004 stats--FOs-19 (some scarves, 1st sweater, mittens, 2 felted cell phone purses, afghan) WIP--xmas gifts-lots! UFO-1
>>>Su voto es su voz!<<<
>>>Vote!<<<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.73 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.