Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 OH, Wow!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  8:19:26 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
My turn again. But this time it's a good thing.

I've just inherited a sh*t load of wool. Wool by the cone, wool by the hank, wool by the ball! Mohair (all of it red). Thick wool, thin wool, in between wool.

I'm going to go felting and dyeing crazy!

How, you may ask, did I luck out like this? The friend for whom I knit my shawl masterpiece, lost her mother earlier this year. Her mother was a weaver, and a hoarder. Well, the friend doesn't indulge in fiber arts, except by proxy (through me), so she has no use for all this wool.

And to think I recently spent $40.00 on a cone so I could play with dyeing. I think I'll return the rest, since I don't think I could possibly use more than this windfall!

Barbara
Remember, we're self-selecting!
My photos:
My blog:

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  8:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Congrats and happy felting!

Dee
~Licensed2Knit
Go to Top of Page

jennidina
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  8:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Send jennidina a Yahoo! Message Send jennidina a Private Message
wow!!! definently post pictures of what you make!! i can see the creativity flowing!

Jenn
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v282/jennidina/ (password, jennidina)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/2knitis2love/
www.theknittinkitten.blogspot.com

i wasn't busy enough being a fulltime student, studying, music, looking for work, playing around with computers, starting a club in school, working in my house, playing with my cats, etc... Thats why i took up Knitting
Go to Top of Page

draymer
Permanent Resident

USA
1481 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  07:23:08 AM  Show Profile Send draymer a Private Message
Wonderful Barbara! And just the right timing! I'm thrilled for you.

Debra
Go to Top of Page

mamid
Permanent Resident

Canada
1568 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  11:31:29 AM  Show Profile  Send mamid a Yahoo! Message Send mamid a Private Message
Keep it!! Keep it!!

That way you have extra to teach with!
Go to Top of Page

Yarnni
Permanent Resident

Canada
1021 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  11:38:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yarnni's Homepage Send Yarnni a Private Message
WOW! is right! That is so neat. Only another knitter would understand the thrill of that kind of an inheritance though!

Yarnni
www.knitwerx.com
Go to Top of Page

knitlethab
Seriously Hooked

Canada
604 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  9:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitlethab's Homepage Send knitlethab a Private Message
Remember Barbara...you can get more creative by adding (knitting together with your wool) a fuzzy yarn...wool or acryic and then felting...more selection of choices...and you can feed you desire to create and still buy something a little new to go with it...add dimension... congratulations on your windfall. If she was a spinner/weaver...I'm sure you have a great selection.

www.knittingtime.com
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  3:39:15 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
Trying very hard to not be jealous -- lucky, lucky you!!!!

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

freckles
Sustaining Member

USA
821 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  4:55:27 PM  Show Profile Send freckles a Private Message
Barbara,
Just want to caution that you should definitely test felt with this yarn you have inherited - I would hate for you to have some yarn that won't felt.

Congratulations on this huge haul! Even if it won't felt you will be able to make many different things!

karen in the U.P. of MI
Go to Top of Page

tess1e
Seriously Hooked

United Kingdom
627 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  03:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit tess1e's Homepage Send tess1e a Private Message
Good things happen to those who deserve it after all!!

Great news, can't wait to see what you get up to with it all.

Keep us posted Barbara!

www.yarn-shop.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

shaggy
Permanent Resident

USA
4126 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  08:29:18 AM  Show Profile Send shaggy a Private Message
Yowzza Barbara - have fun drooling over your new yarn

shaggy

Every day a peddler pulled his cart of wool from his home to the village market. It was a long trip. He had to travel around the perimeter of a large lake that was owned by the town tycoon, a modernday scrooge. One day during the winter the lake froze over. The peddler realized that he could cut off 2 miles from his trip if he crossed over the lake. He was spotted halfway across the lake by the tycoon. Scrooge came racing out of his mansion and screamed at the peddler, "Iíll be danged if I let anyone pull the wool over my ice!"
Go to Top of Page

Calissa
New Pal

Germany
37 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  2:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Calissa's Homepage Send Calissa a Private Message
Wow, must be soo awesome to get something so unexpected. Good luck with your felting/dying ventures.

Calissa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?