Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 are finger puppets appropriate for 5 yr old?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maratherese
New Pal

14 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  07:20:42 AM  Show Profile Send maratherese a Private Message
Hi there! My husband's cousin is turning 5 in a few weeks and we've been invited to the birthday party. I've been working on finger puppets from knitty.com as a gift. I already made a whole bunch of them for my daughter who's only 22 months old. I asked my husband's sister who works with toddlers if finger puppets would be too "babyish" for a kid turning 5 & starting school this year and she didn't think so, but I'm still not sure. I don't really know what kids of other ages besides my daughter's age are into. So I thought I'd post it & get some other opinions. I've already started the finger puppets - I'm making a big family of them & want to make a little pouch for them too. Thanks - Mara

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  08:08:36 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
No, I think she would love them. My 4 yr old gd does. I think most little kids like puppets even I do and I am not a kid. There is just something endearing about them that make you want to play. Whenever I go to the toystore I try them on. Oh I almost forgot don't forget the little house for them.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  08:11:29 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
My 5 year old outgrew them about 2 years ago, and only the 2 and 3 year olds like them at school. Perhaps a hand puppet might be better - my child still loves those.

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

dragonmom
Seriously Hooked

USA
956 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  09:05:18 AM  Show Profile Send dragonmom a Private Message
speaking as someone who sells novelties and toys on an hourly/minutely basis, all kids love all puppets. i sell a ton of finger puppets. we have the little plastic ones. i'm sure these will be much softer, and much loved. go ahead, give them to her. it will be cute!
Minnie

the world is knitted from one beautifully variegated skein and it's up to us not to drop a stitch.
Go to Top of Page

maratherese
New Pal

14 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  11:01:45 AM  Show Profile Send maratherese a Private Message
Oh great! Thanks for the feedback. *I* really like them too. Hand puppets are a great idea for future projects as well. A house would be so cute! Thanks for the ideas! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe