Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 DH came through on my b-day...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sportweight
Chatty Knitter

125 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  09:33:11 AM  Show Profile Send Sportweight a Private Message
Tomorrow is my birthday, but DH just couldn't wait to give me my birthday present, so he gave it to me at dinner Friday night--a gift certificate to my LYS! I told him several months ago that that's what I wanted and he remembered!

Lest it burn a hole in my pocket, I hurried to the shop yesterday and bought some wonderful yarn: 1) Prism "Diana" in Foxfire colorway (reds, purples, and browns) for a poncho. Its my first experience with ribbony yarn and I love it! It's a dream to knit.

I also bought enough Goddess "Jay" (wool and alpaca, bulky) in a dark red color to knit the cute Chanel-inspired cardigan featured in the fall issue of Family Circle Easy Knitting.

I was so excited, I barely slept last night. My dreams were of knitting and yarn-shopping.

Just had to share!

Sportweight

rorosity@aol.com
Seriously Hooked

696 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  1:20:04 PM  Show Profile Send rorosity@aol.com a Private Message
Lucky you! Happy Birthday. I LOVE gift certificates. I don't know why some people have a problem with them (I guess they think they are not personal enough), but I love getting gift certificates, especially to a yarn store. What could be better?

Jeannine
Go to Top of Page

lakeviwa
Gabber Extraordinaire

569 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  1:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit lakeviwa's Homepage Send lakeviwa a Private Message
Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful way to celebrate.

Tess - Timeless Endings Soar Skyward
http://autumnsnowdust.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KysKnitnMom
Permanent Resident

1050 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  6:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit KysKnitnMom's Homepage Send KysKnitnMom a Private Message
I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Celebrate and remember it's your special day to shine!
Go to Top of Page

graciebell
Gabber Extraordinaire

377 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  9:07:23 PM  Show Profile Send graciebell a Private Message
Happy Birthday! What a good DH! It sounds like you got some wonderful yarns!

My attempt at a blog!
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  10:37:34 PM  Show Profile Send Heather a Private Message
Wow, happy birthday! I love gift certificates. You get two thrills out of them--the initial receiving, then the shopping rush. And there's no better reason to lose sleep than yarn...

--Heather

He Rest O Pand Spen Das Oci Alho Ur In Harm Les Smirt Hand funl Et fri Ends Hip Re Ign Beju Stand Kin Dan Devils Peak of No Ne!
Go to Top of Page

mamid
Permanent Resident

Canada
1568 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  12:11:00 AM  Show Profile  Send mamid a Yahoo! Message Send mamid a Private Message
I had bronchitis when I had my last birthday. Bronchitis while pregnant.. I wasn't up for much.

DP still got me a candle... but also told me he was going to pamper me in a few weeks when I was better.... I got my hair done by a professional and allowed to ransack my LYS too! (which, coiincidentally was just upstairs from the hair dresser)
Go to Top of Page

cats
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  06:37:40 AM  Show Profile Send cats a Private Message
Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. You'll have to bring that yarn to the next SnB at Wild Oats so I can see it.
Go to Top of Page

extrafancydg
Chatty Knitter

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  06:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit extrafancydg's Homepage Send extrafancydg a Private Message
Happy Birthday!

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with laughter, friends, family, and KNITTING!!!

Best,
Elisa

My new blog! www.concateknit.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnfanatic
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  06:55:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit yarnfanatic's Homepage Send yarnfanatic a Private Message
that is wonderful, and hope you get some ymmy yarn!
hope the bday was super!!
sherry
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  08:12:46 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
I agree with Heather whole heartedly, one of my favorite gifts. Happy Birthday.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

sharon.curry@aventis.com
Chatty Knitter

109 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  09:31:28 AM  Show Profile Send sharon.curry@aventis.com a Private Message
happy birthday...what a wonderful present.....you couldn't ask for anything better than adding to your passion of knitting....happy knitting.

Sharon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?