Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 My knitting class starts tonight!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knitmama
Seriously Hooked

USA
682 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  11:53:17 AM  Show Profile Send Knitmama a Private Message
It's a bring-your-project-and-knit, like Stitch ' beach with a teacher available. I'm so excited. It's hard to knit for any length of time with my toddler needing attention, and this marks the FIRST regular evening I've claimed for myself since she was born 28 months ago. She and her daddy are having a date night, and I'm making really complicated scarves.

Rachel

dignitynaplomb
Chatty Knitter

259 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  12:01:44 PM  Show Profile Send dignitynaplomb a Private Message
Have a great time tonight!

-Heather

http://sitnknit.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  12:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Sounds like it will be good for all three of you! Have fun!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  12:29:58 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
You have a great time. It fun to be with other knitters and chat and knit and chat and knit. Be careful you don't chat so much you blow your knitting. I have done that and then rip a bit.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

knit_chick
Permanent Resident

1484 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  1:19:31 PM  Show Profile Send knit_chick a Private Message
That worked out for all of you. Have fun and enjoy the time knitting!

http://knitchick.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnfanatic
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  1:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit yarnfanatic's Homepage Send yarnfanatic a Private Message
Have a great time!
sherry
Go to Top of Page

ohiona
Chatty Knitter

110 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  2:12:33 PM  Show Profile Send ohiona a Private Message
woohoo... enjoy your evening!
pj
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  2:25:51 PM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
Enjoy! It's a ton of fun!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

graciebell
Gabber Extraordinaire

377 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  5:45:48 PM  Show Profile Send graciebell a Private Message
Have a fabulous evening knitting!

My attempt at a blog!
Go to Top of Page

akt
Warming Up

83 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  8:36:03 PM  Show Profile Send akt a Private Message
Hi Rachel, I can completely relate. I have a 36 month old son, a 15 month old daughter, and an 11 year old daughter and they all need attention. I am able to knit here and there during the day, but it is sooooo nice to be able to get out and knit with other adults, uninterrupted. Enjoy and hopefully date night will go so well her daddy will want to do it again! My fingers are crossed for you!

Anne
Go to Top of Page

Knitmama
Seriously Hooked

USA
682 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  04:51:38 AM  Show Profile Send Knitmama a Private Message
I had a great time! I felt like I was playing hooky, but my babe did okay, too. She starts morning nursery school a few days a week this week, too. Yikes!

Rachel
Go to Top of Page

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  06:58:25 AM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message
Oh how wonderful! Mine starts on Thursday, Sept 9th! I am counting the hours!

Lelani

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today." White
Go to Top of Page

pixiepurls
Gabber Extraordinaire

373 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  11:50:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit pixiepurls's Homepage Send pixiepurls a Private Message
I take knitting classes to get away from the house, and be around other ladies. Learning to knit better is just a side effect. To bad it costs $80 a month lol...

http://www.pixiepurls.com
Go to Top of Page

cruser
Warming Up

Canada
50 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  5:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit cruser's Homepage Send cruser a Private Message
Rachel, what was being taught in the class??? Anything to share with us... There may be others who are contemplating taking a knitting class but unsure whether they will fit in.

I have been tempted to join a knitting class for the last year or so. I finally signed up after dropping by the wool shop that I visit on occasion and saw 6-7 ladies, sipping tea and coffee, relaxed with their knitting projects underway. My class starts September 28/04 - I have also convinced my sister-in-law to attend as well. As a first-time attendee, I am sure I will be a bit anxious, however I know I will be welcomed and enjoy being in the company of fellow knitters!
Go to Top of Page

Knitmama
Seriously Hooked

USA
682 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  5:47:41 PM  Show Profile Send Knitmama a Private Message
There's no specific aim for the class, although the same teacher also offers workshops for particular projects. This is just a thing where you bring your project and work on it, with a bunch of other knitters and a teacher in the room to help you if you get stuck. It was GREAT. I am just working on a bunch of complicated scarves. I've discovered since I started knitting lace that working in complex patterns is really helping me learn to read my knitting, so I'm just trying lots of different patterns and techniques. Other people in the class were making sweaters, ponchos, and afghans, and two people were starting their very first projects. I'm SO glad I signed up!

Rachel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?