Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Moving the Stash
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  08:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
As some of you know, I've had to move three times in the past two months (I think I'm in the final place for a while, but I'm not uncrossing those fingers for at least twelve months!!!)

I've had some WONDERFUL new friends to help me move, and I've gotten the biggest kick out of watching the guys be big and manly and lift all the heavy things for me... and then struggle over the box that has yarn in it... it's not my entire stash, though it is most of it. And it's just one box - why are they whining? Sure, the box is about 3 feet square, but jeez, it's just YARN!

So now I've got people at work telling me I'm not allowed to buy anymore yarn (yeah - watch'em stop me!)

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."

Emaruottolo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  1:19:42 PM  Show Profile Send Emaruottolo a Private Message
Are you still in Lucy land or did you move again? Hope you are well.
Elisa

"Happiness is not the destination, but the road traveled."
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2002 :  02:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Still in Lucy-land (we just had the annual "Lucy-Desi Days" to celebrate Lucy's birthday - which was yesterday for you heathens who were previously unaware.) but had a terrible landlord and for various reasons I'm on my third apartment since May 28th when I moved from Delaware. Hopefully this one will be better - sure feels like it already!

But I'm still looking for fellow knitters around here!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2002 :  06:00:45 AM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
All that moving sounds like agony to me. The last time we moved was 7 years ago and it took a moving van, a rental truck and my SIL's van. It's so exhausting and you always have something get broken or lost.

We figured that when we were first married we moved 8 times in 9 years. College, first jobs, bought the first home, etc.

I hope you get to settle down some. I also hope you can come to the retreat!
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  08:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I dispise moving. And I've done it EIGHT times in the past 5 years (three were in the past two months) You'd think I'd be better at it by now!

But the rest of my life seems to be settling down just a bit, and I am starting to be more able to devote time to my much loved knitting!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe