Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 The BEST ebay seller!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jade
Permanent Resident

USA
1543 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  08:50:03 AM  Show Profile Send jade a Private Message
I won several auctions from Janette (4to4) this summer and asked that everything be shipped surface mail from England. To my surprise the packages began arriving a few days after Janette mailed them. Everything was here in Boston in a week. Except one lot of Kid Soft and pattern book.

After waiting for about 10 weeks I emailed Janette to ask if there was any way to trace the missing parcel. She said no, but then offered to replace everything at no charge! I told her I couldn't accept since she was not responsible for the loss, but she insisted. And wouldn't take a penny, not even for airmailing the replacement parcel.

Everything arrived yesterday in perfect condition. I am astonished at her gracious generosity.

Just wanted to share the good feeling.

Cheryl

jjones0194@aol.com

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  08:56:15 AM  Show Profile Send jjones0194@aol.com a Private Message
Jannette is truly a wonderful seller, she is my favorite!! I have had many good transactions with here. She is a gem!!
Go to Top of Page

yarnfanatic
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  09:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit yarnfanatic's Homepage Send yarnfanatic a Private Message
Jannette is great, asked her many ?? about thousands of yarn before I made a purchase. She always was quick to get back to me.
also love her ebay store page, as she posts pics, what's coming in, ect.
sherry
Go to Top of Page

Dagny
Chatty Knitter

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  09:34:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dagny's Homepage Send Dagny a Private Message
Oh great. I just spend 3 hours explaining to hubby that if he can buy a few playstation games then the $500 of yarn off of ebay last month is ok too... and you give me a new seller to check out!!

Dagny in Maine

yarn blog
Go to Top of Page

Monkachia
Permanent Resident

USA
1224 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  10:15:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Monkachia's Homepage Send Monkachia a Private Message
She is great, her packages faster than the domestic ones. She is very amiable too!

Chia
Go to Top of Page

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  10:22:27 AM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
Always good to know!

I did a search and nothing came up. "Janette 4to4" -- is that correct?

RoseM
Go to Top of Page

jade
Permanent Resident

USA
1543 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  11:19:00 AM  Show Profile Send jade a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by RoseM
I did a search and nothing came up. "Janette 4to4" -- is that correct?

No, her username on ebay is "4to4", her real name is Janette.

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

OKnitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  11:37:15 AM  Show Profile Send OKnitter a Private Message
Janette is awesome. It is truly a pleasure doing business with her!!!

Go to Top of Page

amber
Seriously Hooked

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  11:54:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit amber's Homepage Send amber a Private Message
I love her too She's responsible for a large chunk of my stash.

-Amber

Current Projects and what not:
http://yarnjunkie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mbmoody
Gabber Extraordinaire

583 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  4:11:00 PM  Show Profile Send mbmoody a Private Message
I just purchased the yarn pack to make Katherine of Aragon from Tudor Roses out of Jamieson's spindrift. It arrived amazingly quickly, and included the elusive color marjoram. One skein was missing, but she responded to an email within minutes that it's on its way.
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  4:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I too am a major fan of Janette. I think of her every time I look at my dozens and dozens of Debbie Bliss skeins.....
Go to Top of Page

diana.enky
Permanent Resident

Australia
1092 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  10:16:29 PM  Show Profile Send diana.enky a Private Message
Me too !! She is responsible for my Rowan stash and she is so lovely to deal with and friendly and fast.
I have even shock, horror bought a ready-made Calmer sweater from her (it was cheaper than buying the yarn for it, LOL) and I got instant gratification

Diana
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  05:14:17 AM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
I`m densed when it comes to the web.:) Could someone give the exact website to go into fo Janette 4t04?

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

yarnfanatic
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  05:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit yarnfanatic's Homepage Send yarnfanatic a Private Message
her ebay store- under my favorites!
http://stores.ebay.com/Jannettes-Rare-Yarns/Coming-Soon.html

sherry
Go to Top of Page

jjones0194@aol.com

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  07:10:59 AM  Show Profile Send jjones0194@aol.com a Private Message
I also bought a Rowan Ready to Wear sweater from her and it was super fantastic. I am always checking out what ready to wear items she has. And her cat is too cute!!
Go to Top of Page

levis_mama
Chatty Knitter

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  11:52:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit levis_mama's Homepage Send levis_mama a Private Message
She is definitely my favorite, too! I've bought tons of noro from her (I don't think I'm going through KFI since she's in England.) and she's just so pleasant to deal with.

I've been happy with the yarn from "sanfelieysantiago" as well. Very nice yarn, comparable to manos (the merino's as soft as angel wings) at about a third of the cost. Sells on e-bay but also through their site: www.handpaintedyarn.com One of my LYS started carrying their yarn and actually charges more for it than manos goes for!

StephanieR
Go to Top of Page

Tabbico
Seriously Hooked

USA
960 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  5:42:51 PM  Show Profile Send Tabbico a Private Message
I have also been happy with the sanfelipe whatever (can't remember the name) yarns. One of my favorite yarns is alpaca and I get a lot of mine from Alpaca Amore. It is fingering weight, usually, but with my Civil War knitting I use a lot of fingering and lace weight, and have used his alpaca double for a DK or worsted weight. Sooooo soft. I'll have to cehck out Janette - a lady can't have too many yarn sources....

Polly

Whether you think you can or you can't, you are probably right.
Go to Top of Page

kimkrafty
Permanent Resident

USA
2145 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  6:13:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit kimkrafty's Homepage Send kimkrafty a Private Message
She's my favorite too.

Kimberly, kniting in VA
http://kimberlyskorner.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  5:46:56 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
Up untill my very last purchase, I've been very satisfied with everyone I've bought from on e-bay. I've purchased yarn from both the UK vendors (cucumberpatch and 4to4), and been very happy.

Barbara
Remember, we're self-selecting!

My photos: password: sermom
My blog:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth