Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 Wouldn't it be great if the whole took up knitting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  6:36:53 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Imagine if the whole world took up knitting and had access to forums like this, there would no more wars, no more violence and it would just be a beautiful place with people always there to help and encourage you. Am I just being an idealistic hippy of old? Probably, but we can only wish.

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  7:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
"I'd like to buy the world some wool da dum de dum de dum..." I don't think you're being 'hippy-like'...I agree!

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  8:08:03 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Sorry than there would be yarn/needles and pattern wars. Just like this am at Elann. Besides who would wear our stuff if everyone knit they would just wear their own. No I don't think it would be that wonderful.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Tam
Permanent Resident

Australia
2810 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  10:46:39 PM  Show Profile Send Tam a Private Message
It would be great because there would be so much more yarn to choose from and more shops to buy it from.
I only knit for myself or my kids, so I don't have a problem with no-one to wear it.

Happy Knitting,
Tam in Melbourne

http://photos.yahoo.com/lillysmum2002

2004 Stats: 19 FOs, 2 WIPs, 1 frog, 1 on hold

Go to Top of Page

Berchem
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
375 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  05:31:31 AM  Show Profile Send Berchem a Private Message
Knitting can be used in wars also. At least fictionallly, Remember in "Tale Of Two Cities", Madame De Farge knitted and in the pattern of the knitting was codes for the revolutionaries.
Go to Top of Page

spin_or_knit
Permanent Resident

USA
1203 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  06:28:25 AM  Show Profile Send spin_or_knit a Private Message
I'd have to agree with Zola. Also, I think that as long as humans are involved, there will always be war and disagreement.
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4165 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  07:40:57 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I'd hate to see my LYS on the Friday after Christmas: absolute bedlam!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  1:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
The only problem I have with it is that I'd have to actually knit HARD stuff in order to impress people.
Go to Top of Page

crazyknitter
New Pal

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2004 :  11:52:06 AM  Show Profile Send crazyknitter a Private Message
Well...those knitting needles are pointy on the end you know...and watch out for the double pointed needles! Ouch!

Gail
Go to Top of Page

SurfinSandy23@hotmail.com

Posted - 10/30/2004 :  06:10:05 AM  Show Profile Send SurfinSandy23@hotmail.com a Private Message
I wish the lady across the street would get a hobby. Knitting or anything to relieve her stress. What stress relief it is to sit and pet my kitty and knit, only the coffee I must have and the kids fussing raises my heart rate! I'd rather knit than pay a psychiatrist any day!
(try to imagine Saddam Hussein with knitting needles! Ha!)

Surfin'Sandy
Go to Top of Page

Catladyknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
368 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  2:30:27 PM  Show Profile Send Catladyknits a Private Message
LOL! Yes, it would be great! Can't you just imagine the great leaders of the world, sitting down to their meetings with their knitting in hand? Oh, I wish, I wish!!

M>
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?