Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Ideal Knitting Bag
 fave knitting bags
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

e_looped
Seriously Hooked

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2001 :  12:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit e_looped's Homepage Send e_looped a Private Message
Some of my favorite knitting bags are the ones that you get free from the make-up counter. My current favorite is a clear plastic bag with flowers on it that I got from Elizabeth Arden this summer. I love that I can see what I have in it. I also like the fact that other people see that it's my knitting and it starts so many conversations on the train. It's also a fun little bag that seems to liven my mood.
I'm ready to find a cool "winter" bag from the make-up counter so that I can have yet another knitting bag.

erica :)

Life is like knitting sometimes it's smooth and sometimes it's bumpy.

cast-on
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2001 :  2:39:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit cast-on's Homepage Send cast-on a Private Message
Has anyone made the felted knitting bag featured in the new "Knitters Stash" book edited by Barbara Albright? It is recommended for 2 strands of Brown Sheep Nature Spun worsted and can be tailored to the individual. I am new to felting and not sure if I will tackle this one. Still experimenting with felted slipper clogs.

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  10:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
I haven't made that one yet, but I can tell you that Brown Sheep Nature Spun felts like a dream. Just my two cents!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Smock7
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
491 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  4:31:21 PM  Show Profile Send Smock7 a Private Message
This is not REALLY about a carry around knitting bag, but bags for storing yarn. About a year ago I redid my bedroom, you know linens, curtains, bedskirt and all. Well, most of the items came in these clear bags with zippers going around three sides toward one end. I almost tossed these out but something in the back of my mind made me save them and I've discovered they are fantastic for storing yarn. I put the yarn in the little zippered bags(and larger bags) and then put them in large Rubbermaid storage bins. Now when I want to pull yarn to work with I can grab the bags and view how many skeins I have of one color or one style. (When a knitting store in Norman was going out of business I purchased ALL of her Tahki cotton so I have quite a bid of cotton yarn PLUS my other purchases .

Now, this is about a carry around knitting bag. A friend at work came in with a new purse. I believe it was from Vera Bradley or somebody, but it is made with double sided quilt fabric! It is large with pockets on the inside and shoulder straps and velcro pocket on the outside and a zipper closure along the top. She said the bags came in all sizes. She paid $65 for hers but I believe it would be easy and cheap to make one....so, this weekend I'm heading for Hancock Fabrics to find some nice quilted fabric!

Edited by - Smock7 on 01/09/2002 16:33:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?