Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Never Again!
 Patons Pixie
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kavatar0@excite.com
Chatty Knitter

USA
150 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2004 :  10:56:08 AM  Show Profile Send kavatar0@excite.com a Private Message
While I still have some balls to use(I bought this stuff for half off), I don't think I will ever buy anymore yarn similar to this. The individual stitches are almost impossible to see due to the fuzz. You can't really tell the difference between the types of stitches. It was difficult to work with even though the finish product turned out really cute. I made a hat for a toddler. It could be I just don't like novelty yarns.

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2004 :  11:00:56 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
I love this yarn, but only use it for garter stitch. I have made hats, scarves, and a blanket. It definitely is a love it or hate it yarn.

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2004 :  12:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
What you have learned is that not every yarn works for every type of project. For stitch patterns, a more tightly spun, smooth yarn gives the best definition. That's why there is a huge variety of yarns - so that you can choose the best ones for any given project!

Lissa

Hey - I MEANT to do that!
Go to Top of Page

Hello Knitty
Permanent Resident

1069 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2004 :  6:10:34 PM  Show Profile Send Hello Knitty a Private Message
I hate Pixie too but luckily, I only bought one ball to try. Know what I did with all my hated yarn? Gave it to a local charity group that knits for women's shelters and the Salvation Army. I felt a bit guilty becuase I LOATHE knitting with the stuff I gave them but maybe that's just me and now I've turned the hated yarns into something useful!

So give that stuff away!
Go to Top of Page

kavatar0@excite.com
Chatty Knitter

USA
150 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  10:59:24 AM  Show Profile Send kavatar0@excite.com a Private Message
Luckily I did the hat on circulars. So, it was more of a finding the inividual stitch to knit. I guess I just like my knitting to look really neat and defined.
Go to Top of Page

TheNakedKnitter
Chatty Knitter

282 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  9:23:37 PM  Show Profile Send TheNakedKnitter a Private Message
I agree with mokey on this - this is a great yarn for garter stitch. I have made over 5 baby blankets with this yarn using garter stitch, and I will keep using it since all of them have turned out nice and soft.

The finished product was also lightweight - a plus for a crib blanket or a newborn. It dries so quickly that it can even be used as a towel.

My advice is not to give up on all novelty yarns, since you may find some you'll like.

Hello Knitty, don't feel too bad, since one person's rejects is another's treasure - I sure wish I'd been the recipient of your Paton's Pixie

Nicole
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?