Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 New Knitting Pattern Book
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Soxy
Gabber Extraordinaire

New Zealand
389 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  8:20:05 PM  Show Profile Send Soxy a Private Message
Ive posted this message under the books but it doesnt seem to get any attention! LOL!

Ive just received my new "One Thousand Sweaters" - Mix and match patterns for the perfect personalised sweater by Amanda Griffiths in the post.

Bought unseen over the internet. And wow! Am I happy with it! It gives you loads of different body patterns and then you can choose your sleeves, necks, collars etc etc. The pages are cut in 2 so you can see what your final result will be after youve choosen. It is very modern but stylish. I certainly recommend it specially for new knitters as well! And once you have this book there will be no need to buy any other patterns in a hurry!! Yeah right!!! LOL!!

Anyone else got it?

Sock Addict

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2603 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  9:41:43 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
Sounds very useful. I just spent 2 evenings going through my patterns to find the "perfect" sweater. It was fun for awhile, but this book sounds much better. How does it compare to Ann Budd's new sweater pattern book?

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

Tam
Permanent Resident

Australia
2810 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  03:05:35 AM  Show Profile Send Tam a Private Message
I've got that book but I haven't used it yet because I got pregnant not long after, so nothing was going to fit!

Happy Knitting,
Tam in Melbourne

http://photos.yahoo.com/lillysmum2002

2004 Stats: 20 FOs, 2 WIPs, 1 frog, 1 on hold

Go to Top of Page

KysKnitnMom
Permanent Resident

1050 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  09:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit KysKnitnMom's Homepage Send KysKnitnMom a Private Message
Sounds like a great first sweater book for me. Thanks for the review.

Megann, in sunny San Diego.

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about....
Go to Top of Page

Yarnni
Permanent Resident

Canada
1021 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  10:51:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yarnni's Homepage Send Yarnni a Private Message
I must find this book!

Yarnni
www.knitwerx.com
Go to Top of Page

amandaCO
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  11:12:41 AM  Show Profile Send amandaCO a Private Message
I too agree this book is great. Very similar to the idea of The Knitter's Handby Book of Patterns. The only pitfall to this book IMO is that they don't provide you with multiple gauges. Still, it's not so hard to do the math yourself I suppose. I consider most of the patterns "classic" rather than "modern". Also, the book is hard bound but with a spiral binding inside the cover so that the pages lay flat. Very good design.
Go to Top of Page

amber
Seriously Hooked

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  11:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit amber's Homepage Send amber a Private Message
I thought I read that the sizes were very limited in this book as well... like a 40 inch bust max size? Am I remembering the right book?

-Amber

Current Projects and what not:
http://yarnjunkie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

carpe diem
Permanent Resident

1158 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  12:08:13 PM  Show Profile Send carpe diem a Private Message
You're remembering the right book but the largest bust size is at 38" - eek! The other negatives included no schematics and everything measured in stitches & rows versus inch/cm - okay if you're gauge is right on.

Here's one of those original threads:
http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=17411

Knowing all that, I'm still planning to purchase the book. I like and appreciate the colored photos of techniques at the beginning of the book.

~ Lisa, Seattle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?