Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Inexpensive Jo Sharp wool
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

argus
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
595 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  07:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit argus's Homepage Send argus a Private Message
Recently I came across a very good yarn shop. I was looking for Jo Sharp yarn after reading Knitter's Review on it, however everywhere it was around $6-$7 per ball. Mansfield Craft Den from Australia has an incredible deal: $71.90 for 20 balls (this includes S&H), which comes only $3.59 per 50g ball!
The catch? They sell 20 balls minimum, however do not take my word on it - ask them. They accept credit cards, but I used PayPal. My yarn came in a week (the owner mentioned two weeks).
Their website is http://www.craftden.com.au

Tanya

AJ Wisch
Chatty Knitter

USA
296 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2002 :  12:45:19 PM  Show Profile Send AJ Wisch a Private Message
I clicked on the address but got the message that the web page wasn't answering. Will try later. Sounds like a great deal; I hope I can get thru.

AJ

Go to Top of Page

Dot
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2002 :  3:16:33 PM  Show Profile Send Dot a Private Message
AJ Wisch, I had a problem linking to the site too. So I just typed in the full address using the http:// preface and went right to it. Not only is it a good deal, they stock oodles of colors--must be all colors available. Thanks, Argus, for clueing us in.

Go to Top of Page

Helen
Chatty Knitter

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  9:21:21 PM  Show Profile Send Helen a Private Message
I have bought more yarn from Mansfield Craft Den than I care to own up to. They are great to work with. I needed a color that hasn't been made for sometime and they even advertised it for me. They never located it but put me in touch with another shop that did locate it for me. You can't ask for more than that. Anytime I want Jo Sharp or the other Australian yarns I always check with them first.

I have got to get to bed and stop reading the forum! I have to double check about everything I type for spelling. (Which I am not good at under the best of circumstances!)
Everyone have a great night and a fantastic day tomorrow!
Helen

I love strings
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  3:59:54 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
Is this yarn very soft and non-itchy? I hesitate buying yarn online unless I've touched it somewhere. I can't stand a scratchy wool, but I'm OK with real soft wools. Thanks.

Anita

quote:

Recently I came across a very good yarn shop. I was looking for Jo Sharp yarn after reading Knitter's Review on it, however everywhere it was around $6-$7 per ball. Mansfield Craft Den from Australia has an incredible deal: $71.90 for 20 balls (this includes S&H), which comes only $3.59 per 50g ball!
The catch? They sell 20 balls minimum, however do not take my word on it - ask them. They accept credit cards, but I used PayPal. My yarn came in a week (the owner mentioned two weeks).
Their website is www.craftden.com.au

Tanya

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=977585&uid=619962&members=1
Go to Top of Page

argus
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
595 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  4:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit argus's Homepage Send argus a Private Message
quote:

Is this yarn very soft and non-itchy? I hesitate buying yarn online unless I've touched it somewhere. I can't stand a scratchy wool, but I'm OK with real soft wools. Thanks.

Anita

quote:

Their website is www.craftden.com.au

Tanya

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=977585&uid=619962&members=1

Go to Top of Page

argus
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
595 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  4:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit argus's Homepage Send argus a Private Message
Anita,
I like this yarn (Jo Sharp), it feels soft and not at all scratchy.
However, try to ask the Mansfield Craft Den for a sample card - it is always a better option.

Tanya

Go to Top of Page

djfleesh
Chatty Knitter

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2002 :  09:02:33 AM  Show Profile Send djfleesh a Private Message
man am i glad i clicked on this forum! i have recently fallen in love with jo sharp, and am also looking for some groovy deals. the site is great, and i will be making a big purchase just as soon as i decide what i will do with it! thanks.

Go to Top of Page

PatC
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2002 :  09:20:36 AM  Show Profile Send PatC a Private Message
Elann.com currently has Jo Sharp DK wool for about 50% off the retail price. Check it out on What's New !

PatC
Go to Top of Page

cec
New Pal

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  11:00:47 AM  Show Profile Send cec a Private Message
I am another fan of Jo Sharp yarn and designs. I have made a couple of sweaters from her DK weight 100% merino yarn, which is very soft and comes in wonderful colors. I have bought some of my Jo Sharp yarn from Mansfield Craft Den - they were very pleasant to deal with and I received the yarn much faster than I expected. They DO NOT have any of the new Jo Sharp yarns, which are being manufactured in Italy. Apparently these new yarns will not get to Australia until after Christmas. I have swatched the new Silkroad Aran Tweed and I like it a lot (it's merino, silk and cashmere - very soft but not the usual large range of colors offered by Jo Sharp).

Go to Top of Page

Smock7
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
491 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  1:26:00 PM  Show Profile Send Smock7 a Private Message
My local yarn shop in Guthrie, OKlahoma posted a newsletter this month that stated her new shipment of Jo Sharp yarn was different. Apparently they have someone new making their yarn and it is cheaper, scratchier and has a different twist than her old yarn. The new yarn was so shabby that she has decided to quit carrying her yarn. So, beware, when buying her yarn.

From the Heart of Oklahoma!
Go to Top of Page

djfleesh
Chatty Knitter

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  2:59:14 PM  Show Profile Send djfleesh a Private Message
hi patc:

thanks for the tip on elann. i just got an order in in a couple of nice colors. now, what to do with it? (ha ha)

fleesh

Go to Top of Page

Knitting Bee
New Pal

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2002 :  11:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitting Bee's Homepage Send Knitting Bee a Private Message
I buy all my Jo Sharp from an Australian knitting store www.thewoolshack.com They are based close to Jo Sharp headquarters, so delivery is super quick and they yarn works out about US$3 a ball, which is great. She also stocks lovely books and patterns.

Sandy

Go to Top of Page

argus
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
595 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  6:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit argus's Homepage Send argus a Private Message
Sandy,
I just checked this store - it is great for Jo Sharp! Guess I will visit it when in need of this yarn.

Thanks!

Tanya

Go to Top of Page

mcavana
New Pal

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  4:22:48 PM  Show Profile Send mcavana a Private Message
Gosh I've been lurking here forever (can't post from work and until
now had too many problems signing on with old ISP) Anyway just wanted to say thanks! for this post. I've begun ordering from Gina
at Mansfield Craft Den and have just been bowled over by the service and quality. Our LYS stopped carrying Jo Sharp after she switched distributors and this has actually been a less expensive source for me. I love this yarn and knit with it constantly.

Thanks again! Mary
quote:

Their website is http://www.craftden.com.au

Tanya

Knit Dweeb
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by