Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Felting Talk
 Best yarns and fibers for felting
 araucania nature wool
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marybuf
New Pal

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  05:26:14 AM  Show Profile Send marybuf a Private Message
If anyone has bought this yarn on line would you please tell me where? I looked on Elann.com and couldn't find it. I really like it for felting and it is not sold in my area. thanks

shear
Chatty Knitter

154 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  06:14:57 AM  Show Profile Send shear a Private Message
I know the store A Garden of Yarn in Chadds Ford,Pa. has tons of it in many colours.I'm sure she would mail you whatever you need.I was very happy with the owner since she went out if her way to help.
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  08:50:09 AM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
I love this yarn and I did get it on line. Carodan Farms carries it and she's great! Here's the web address:
http://carodanfarm.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product60.html it will take you right to the page w/ the yarn you want.

The knitting garden and quite a few other shops carry it also. I just googled araucania nature wool and it came up with probably 30 good websites....I see some have it for under $7 a skein which is a great price. Caradan Farms runs $7.50 and I've seen it for $8 and more! So do some shopping and have fun!

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

marybuf
New Pal

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2004 :  3:35:08 PM  Show Profile Send marybuf a Private Message
thanks for your recommendations they are all helpful...I am told that A. C. Moore (a store not in VT) carries this yarn for under $7.00.
Go to Top of Page

amandaCO
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2004 :  4:02:52 PM  Show Profile Send amandaCO a Private Message
Everywhere I've seen it it has been $7-$7.50 (all LYSs). I would do a google search on it as online shops sometimes change their inventory. I know I've seen it at a few places online only to return and find they don't have it available.
Go to Top of Page

knitina
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  02:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitina's Homepage Send knitina a Private Message
Araucania wools (regular, chunky and the beautiful magallanes are being sold at A.C. Moore. Arm yourself with that 40% coupon and go to town! It felts beautifully!!! I am on my third purse!! (For a novice knitter that says something)
www.salval.typepad.com

I have some pics on my website.
Including the Lucy Bag I am doing in a gorgeous pumpkin wool by Araucania!!

Knitina
Go to Top of Page

sparkleplenty
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
484 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  10:12:29 AM  Show Profile Send sparkleplenty a Private Message
I just bought some last month from http://knit2purl2.com/ They have it on clearance for $4.40! It's under the knitting fever category.

It's one of my favorite wool yarns.

Sarah
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.94 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.