Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Berkshire Pullover
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lis S
Chatty Knitter

219 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  06:03:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lis S's Homepage  Send Lis S a Yahoo! Message Send Lis S a Private Message
I've just begun my first sweater. I decided to try the Berkshire Pullover from Weekend Knitting. I like the idea of knitting it all in the round and not having to deal with seams. Has anyone else knitted this sweater, and if so, is it as simple as it seems to be?

A

http://mebylis.blogspot.com

Molly C
Seriously Hooked

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  06:25:25 AM  Show Profile Send Molly C a Private Message
Hey! You are probably going to get this finished before I do! What yarn did you buy for it? Although I haven't finished it yet, I can tell from the directions that it really is as easy as it says; I'm about half-way done with the body, and I'm trying to figure out if I should pack it along to work on at home. Have you ever done a three-needle bind-off? That is probably the trickiest part of it, but it's actually quite simple. The big thing to remember is to work the bind off on the wrong side; the first time I did it I worked it on the right side, and I couldn't figure out why it looked funny. Now I know.

Hope to see you soon.

Molly
http://knittingmolly.blogspot.com

Have a blog? Join the KR Webring and share your blog with the rest of the group! Click here.
Go to Top of Page

JaniceV
Chatty Knitter

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  11:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit JaniceV's Homepage  Send JaniceV a Yahoo! Message Send JaniceV a Private Message
Hi, I like the Berkshire pull over and have that same book. Let me know it it goes as easy as it looks. Will put it on next yrs list for son and son-in-law. I agree on be nice not having to do the seams and all. Have a happy holiday. Janice
Go to Top of Page

knittygirl
Chatty Knitter

242 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  06:41:02 AM  Show Profile Send knittygirl a Private Message
Hi,
I also have that book and love the look of that sweater. What kind of yarn did you guys use? I'd love to see pictures when anyone finishes it up!
Kerry
Go to Top of Page

Lis S
Chatty Knitter

219 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  10:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lis S's Homepage  Send Lis S a Yahoo! Message Send Lis S a Private Message
Molly used the yarn that the book called for, which was Morehouse Merino bulky. My yarn is Alta. Don't ask me what that means...it's just what is written on the label. I found it at my LYS and the owner assured me that it was good to use for this project. However, after seeing Molly's work this past week, I wish I had just ordered the Morehouse, because it looks so much better! If I get this sweater finished (only 1 & 1/2 sleeves to go) then I'm going to order the yarn from the MM website and do it up right!
A

http://mebylis.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittygirl
Chatty Knitter

242 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2004 :  07:11:27 AM  Show Profile Send knittygirl a Private Message
Thanks for answering...I visited both of your blogs, and the sweaters look great! I think I may see if there's any suitable yarn at my LYS today when I go, but I too am tempted to just order the yarn. Can't wait to see more progress on your sweaters!
Kerry
Go to Top of Page

carpe diem
Permanent Resident

1158 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2004 :  11:12:23 AM  Show Profile Send carpe diem a Private Message
Last year I made this in Rowan's Polar originially intended for my BIL. Quick, easy knitting, nice pattern, but upon finishing the sweater I realized it'd be too warm for him. I'm currently planning to frog & knit a poncho or fitted sweater with it because Polar is too drapey for the Berkshire IMO. I'd like to knit this again with the Morehouse Merino Bulky, or something very similar and most likely add some ribbing to finish the bottom, arms and neck.

And yes, it's as simple as it appears - great choice for first sweater and/or round knitting project!

~ Lisa, Seattle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?