Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 January Cast-on
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knitche
New Pal

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2004 :  1:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitche's Homepage Send knitche a Private Message

This year I'll be casting on TWO projects for 'just-me'.... a habit I got into via r.c.t.y. .... y'know, we *all* probably start a new project the first of the year, but a Cast-on project is for oneself!

Hugs, and Happy New Year!
Noreen

sonnetstitches
New Pal

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  5:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit sonnetstitches's Homepage Send sonnetstitches a Private Message
So what are your two cast-on projects? Inquiring minds want to know!

After I got my holiday knitting done (barely!) I made myself a quick, chunky sweater over Christmas weekend whilst dealing with relatives, and wore it to work the Monday I came back. Instant gratification. Now I'm taking a hiatus for the sake of my arms.

<A HREF="http://sonnetstitches.blogspot.com/">SonnetStitches.blogspot.com</A>
Go to Top of Page

Tam
Permanent Resident

Australia
2810 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  6:44:18 PM  Show Profile Send Tam a Private Message
What is r.c.t.y?

Happy Knitting,
Tam in Melbourne

http://photos.yahoo.com/lillysmum2002

2004 Stats: 24 FOs, 2 WIPs, 1 frog, 1 on hold

Go to Top of Page

Jenny B.
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2004 :  07:48:10 AM  Show Profile Send Jenny B. a Private Message
I resolve to knit for myself this year! I've been knitting for 3 years and only have 1 sweater for myself to show for it! I'm almost done with a scarf for myself and I'm going to do a sweater for me, and hummmm.... anything else I might see! AND NO PONCHOS! Okay, okay, I'll still do a few baby sweaters for some pregnant friends....

Jenny B.
"I wanna live in a BLUE state"
Go to Top of Page

sanesi
Chatty Knitter

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  4:56:29 PM  Show Profile Send sanesi a Private Message
My first project of the new year is a baby blanket for a co-worker. Then, a sweater for me! I'm so excited for both projects I can hardly wait for the yarn to arrive.
Go to Top of Page

levis_mama
Chatty Knitter

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  3:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit levis_mama's Homepage Send levis_mama a Private Message
My next several projects (and several WIPS) are for me and me alone!!

StephanieR
A priest, a rabbi, and a minister all walk into a stich-n-beach...
Go to Top of Page

celia
Permanent Resident

Australia
2454 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  3:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit celia's Homepage Send celia a Private Message
I cast on a mohair lace scarf on the second day of the new year using some red mohair given to me by Diana Enky. It's coming out really well.

celia

My blog is here
http://celiaknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Iknitoo
Chatty Knitter

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  3:28:30 PM  Show Profile Send Iknitoo a Private Message
What is rcty? Tam and I want to know!!!

By the way, Jennie B...

I live in a BLUE town, in a RED county, in a BLUE state, in a RED country, in a BLUE world...

Nickie
Go to Top of Page

Margaretx
New Pal

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  11:32:00 PM  Show Profile Send Margaretx a Private Message
rcty is a use group for rec crafts thread yarn I'm thinking. It's a place where lots of people meet and post to talk about common interests. I've been to rec gardens roses and rec crafts needlework cross-stitch. Lot's of information. However, I used them before we had blogs. Now I think individuals put their own blogs up and may not participate in the usegroups. You access them through a usegroup search on google or yahoo.

So much to create, so little time....
Go to Top of Page

Margaretx
New Pal

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  11:34:21 PM  Show Profile Send Margaretx a Private Message
Here's the site addy:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

So much to create, so little time....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by