Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 Feeling oppressed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  10:44:12 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
I'm terribly sorry for your loss, Anita. Hugs from accrss the border (there's no duty on hugs, is there?)

Barbara
Remember, we're self-selecting!

My photos: I've gone back to yahoo!
My blog:
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  8:28:46 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
Thank you Lissa and Barbara. It was a pretty terrible ordeal, but knitting helped keep me sane. The weekend was spent sitting in the hospital waiting and watching. That's part of why I started the new sweater, to distract me.

The funeral isn't until Tuesday,as that was the first opening at the military cemetary where her husband is buried. I never met him. He died when DH and I had just started dating.

DH and I are doing OK. Some tears of course, but mostly relief that she is no longer suffering.

Anita

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/achrisvet
Go to Top of Page

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  9:16:55 PM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
Anita, I just saw this and wanted to let you know that I am sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself and your DH :)

Hugs,
Myshelle
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  09:30:57 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Anita, I hear you. I am in the same place myself, but I just keep starting things. I kinda think of it this way, all the started knitting projects gives me a reason to get out of bed in the am and get my other work/play done so I can get to my knitting. I usually work on large projects and I am trying some small ones this yr socks, gloves, felted totes, My reasoning is with a bunch of small projects and a couple of really large projects ( 2 lace like shawls) I will finish some and then just work on some. This is a learning yr for me. So I must remind myself slow and steady. I am even going to try the Koolaid dyeing for the first time.
Anita so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I add my hug to Lissas.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

clover
Chatty Knitter

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  4:25:34 PM  Show Profile Send clover a Private Message
I'm 48 and recently went thru a very long dry spell.

After a lifetime of itching to make stuff suddenly about 3 years ago I lost the desire to create. It was heartbreaking and I tried everything I could think of to get going again. I'm not religious but it felt like a spiritual crisis. I thought a lot about how creative young people are and how most creative geniuses are under 30. I thought there was a good chance it was gone for good.

Anyway, I am very happy to report that I am back to my normal state which is to have far more ideas than I can possibly execute. I've even stayed up all night to work on something and I haven't done that in years! Hell to pay the next day but really the best life has to offer for someone like me.

You should thank your lucky stars that you are driven to make so many things. It is a blessing. Don't feel guilty, feel lucky!
Go to Top of Page

busygirl
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
1673 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  5:43:56 PM  Show Profile Send busygirl a Private Message

Anita,

I am really sorry for your loss,and will be thinking of you and your DH.

Regards
Leslie
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  7:19:49 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
Thank you everyone!

Anita

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/achrisvet
Go to Top of Page

moxie
Seriously Hooked

844 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  7:59:45 PM  Show Profile Send moxie a Private Message
Anita,

I'm so sorry. Do take care and think about the wonderful things about your husband's mother and her life.

Hugs,
Jean

Go to Top of Page

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  11:52:44 AM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
Lissa, HUGS HUGS and more HUGS. Wrap some sweet knitting around yourself and be comforted. Love to you.
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  4:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
You mean you're RECINDING my hugs????? LOL

Lissa

Hey - I MEANT to do that!
Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000