Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 What's everyone knitting for Valentine's Day?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  10:18:03 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
I found a link to a heart- shaped cloth pattern
http://knitting.about.com/library/blcloth18.htm

This one is a cloth with hearts knitted in.
http:www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/clothheart2.htm
Chayah
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth
Permanent Resident

USA
1557 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  10:24:40 PM  Show Profile Send Elizabeth a Private Message
What about a heart illusion scarf?? http://www.ozyarn.com/free.htm

"If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible." --Soren Kierkegaard
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  10:00:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Gotta admit it, I'm knittin' nuthin' for V Day. We've been married almost 30 years now, and don't observe it much. Perhaps a cute card, some flowers, a snuggle...(wink, wink)...but nothing knitted.

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

freckles
Sustaining Member

USA
821 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  6:50:45 PM  Show Profile Send freckles a Private Message
Well I am inspired by the heartshaped dishcloth! I may try and make one for all the gals in my knitting group and give them out at the February gathering! That would be fun!

karen in the U.P. of MI
Go to Top of Page

jovneo
Chatty Knitter

Singapore
146 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  8:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit jovneo's Homepage Send jovneo a Private Message
I've made the heart shaped dishcloth 2 yrs back and the pattern turn out real nice! I used it as a back scrubber and it worked real well.

~ Jovneo ~
Go to Top of Page

mands1229
Chatty Knitter

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  8:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit mands1229's Homepage  Send mands1229 a Yahoo! Message Send mands1229 a Private Message
I am so embarassed to admit this, but I am knitting the Thong-th-thong from knitty.com for my DH this Valentine's day. I'm still confused about how to start it, but I've ordered the yarn and I'm definitely going to give it a go.

Amanda

http://kyknitter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  09:27:30 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
jovneo and karen, I'm glad you like that pattern. I tried it out last night and it came out pretty well, considering that I was watching tv at the same time! I am going to make some more as gifts too. Karen, I think your gift to the group idea is great!,best,
Chayah in snowy NY
Go to Top of Page

whitedexcited
New Pal

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  7:13:30 PM  Show Profile Send whitedexcited a Private Message
The heart scarf in at www.knitty.com/ISSUEfallo4 click on patterns and you can download it pdf with several other patterns. If anyone is interested.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah R
Chatty Knitter

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  8:18:03 PM  Show Profile Send Sarah R a Private Message
On another forum I participate in, we are having a Secret Valentine gift swap. It's a reading forum, so I'll send a book but I am also knitting up a skinny scarf...skinny and striped with four inches of bright red Fun Fur, then five rows of a Cha Cha that is varigated red, hot pink, lavender and pink, then four inches of hot pink Fun Fur, then more Cha Cha and so on. I know my recipient's favorite colors are reds and pinks, so she should be happy. And it looks very Valentine-y.

www.readerville.com - The Social Life of the Mind
Go to Top of Page

Lis S
Chatty Knitter

219 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2005 :  08:38:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lis S's Homepage  Send Lis S a Yahoo! Message Send Lis S a Private Message
I'm knitting a pair of wool socks for my DH. He wanted a plain pair of black socks handmade by me, so I'm hoping to get them finished by VDay.

A

http://lisknits.typepad.com/the_world_of_lis/
Go to Top of Page

chellethinques
Permanent Resident

USA
1431 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2005 :  1:42:13 PM  Show Profile Send chellethinques a Private Message
I made some super cute beaded stitch markers with pink or red heart beads in the middle...but I guess they are a gift to myself, since no one else around here would appreciate them. :P

If we are indeed made in the image of our Creator, it stands to reason that we are most like that Creator when we are creating something ourselves.
Go to Top of Page

ikamouse
Warming Up

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  10:52:17 AM  Show Profile Send ikamouse a Private Message
Just wanted to note that I have made the heart scarf from Knitty and loved it - it's fast and easy and looks impressive when finished, at least to non-knitters (When I showed my roommate, she gasped and exclaimed, "YOU made that?") And the Blizzard is the most buttery-soft yarn I've ever used!

I'm not doing anything special for Valentine's Day - a friend spending the year in Hawaii is coming in for a visit on the 20th and will have no winter-wear except a heavy sweatshirt she just bought, so I'm trying to have an earwarmer and glove set finished for when she arrives!
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  3:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Well, I started the Falling Hearts pattern from Fiber Trends and I am hoping it'll be completed before Valentine's Day. I wish I would have made it sooner but I work well will short term deadlines I guess.

Dee
~Licensed2Knit
www.Kneatles.com
Go to Top of Page

jovneo
Chatty Knitter

Singapore
146 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  5:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit jovneo's Homepage Send jovneo a Private Message
Hey chellethinques, you can make me some of them. i wld appreciate that!!! :P

~ Jovneo ~
Go to Top of Page

levis_mama
Chatty Knitter

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  12:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit levis_mama's Homepage Send levis_mama a Private Message
hmmmm.... Valentines Day. Brings back memories of that little empty bag on my schooldesk at the end of the day. So, no, Valentine's Day is not a knitworthy holiday in my book. I'll do something cute with the kids for DH. DH and I may go out to dinner the weekend prior, but we do that a good bit anyway.

Now, Presidents Day is another story. That's a holiday to get excited about!! (Can you tell I like history?) I'm finally going to make my Red White and Blue Fireworks scarf.

StephanieR
A priest, a rabbi, and a minister all walk into a stich-n-beach...
Go to Top of Page

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5189 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  1:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message
I observe V day by not driving. I've been in three bad car accidents, each on Valentine's day (Vehicular Danger day?). I'm not normally superstitious, but after the third accident, only the sixth time I had ever driven on Valentine's Day (cuz I was young, see and so quit driving on that day when I was 22), I decided to make it a pedestrian day for the duration. I will be knitting in my nice safe house, and perhaps walking to the local corporate coffee shop for something lovely and warm to drink. Explaining this to my bosses over the years has been interesting, to say the least, but my plan has been very effective. My insurance agent supports it, as does my family.

http://crazylaneas.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Busyhands
Permanent Resident

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  08:10:13 AM  Show Profile Send Busyhands a Private Message
I don't usually knit for V-Day - the kids get something small and cheap, like a t-shirt with a heart on it or some decorated pencils for school...but I was on a field trip to a not-so-LYS yesterday and found a cute pattern for little tiny teddy bear clothes - I think they will fit a beanie baby just right. So I think I will knit up a couple little red vests while the kids are in school and stick them on some teddys and leave them for the girls to find...
Lin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.