Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 Teaching Granddaughter to Knit
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LMrsfx@aol.com

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  5:33:29 PM  Show Profile Send LMrsfx@aol.com a Private Message
Hi, all,
Wonderful subjects to read. Now I have a couple questions: Starting someone to knit - any great kits out there for a child (9)? She so wants to do what grandma does - guess I can tell you I am real proud!!
Also, anyone see "Sex and the City" with all the cool scarfs they wore? Carrie especially had a loooooooong pink scarf with several different patterns in it. It was beautiful!!!! Any patterns for this? Signing off for now - HAPPY NEW YEAR KNITTING

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  06:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message
There are several "Learn to Knit" kits out there. A few months ago I bought one that is called a "Knit-Knack Kit", I believe, for a 12-year-old I was teaching. It's a box with 16-25 project cards (including a scarf, hat, mitten, crop top, purse and other projects in a progressive format), needles, markers, and some not-too-bad yarn to get started. I think there was also a crochet hook and some other small tools. It was about $20, and she loved it - this was in early October and she's worked her way through most of the projects now; used several of them for Christmas gifts! Her mother is getting into the whole thing, too, and they took their first Saturday trip to the LYS last week to spend Christmas money. It was such fun to watch them get all excited about the possibilities! Of course, I bought a little stuff myself...

Pam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?