Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 help i'm new and kr is eating up my life!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clover
Chatty Knitter

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  2:47:21 PM  Show Profile Send clover a Private Message
i can't get out of this place!

one thing i know is that i'm going to stop feeling guilty about knitting and buying yarn and experiementing and not finishing stuff i don't like. my new thinking (and it is the direct result of stumbling on this place) is this: knitting = pleasure and there's nothing wrong with that! it is so obvious to me how much everybody here loves knitting and how good it is for them. i'm going to buy some yarn this weekend and feel good about it! no more guilt!

it is so liberating to find other knitting fanatics!

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  4:40:44 PM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
I DO agree.This KR forum takes a lot of our time.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

edelsma
Permanent Resident

Canada
1182 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  4:52:28 PM  Show Profile Send edelsma a Private Message
Could you believe I took a break during the X'mas?
When I came back after New Year, I felt really guilty that I stayed away for so long.

Margaret in Waterloo, Ontario
~~~
When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self.... Confucius~~~

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/edelsma/my_photos
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  5:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
"This KR thing is consuming my life..."

And the problem with that is?????

Lissa

Hey - I MEANT to do that!
Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

kekokat
Seriously Hooked

USA
845 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  7:56:57 PM  Show Profile Send kekokat a Private Message
I'm hooked on KR too. BUT, I've learned a lot in a very short time and, I hope, I've helped a few others move forward with their passion. No guilt. Life's too short.
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth
Permanent Resident

USA
1557 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  8:05:25 PM  Show Profile Send Elizabeth a Private Message
Don't think of it as consuming your life; think of it as a new, essential and integral part of your life...I remember feeling like an addict in the beginning, and now I just accept it, like breathing.

"If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible." --Soren Kierkegaard
Go to Top of Page

JoliGee
Chatty Knitter

223 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  12:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoliGee's Homepage Send JoliGee a Private Message
Clover I am new here too and I feel the same. I don't make a move without consulting the messages here. So much info!

I started knitting again this past November after a 3-decade break (!) and I have finished about 4 projects already.

I have problems with guilt too-- I keep pricing out projects with beautiful natural fibers and then going to the local craft store to buy cheap acrylic to "practice" on. I am using my mother's old aluminum needles from the 1940's...and have purchased all my new needles on the cheap at the same craft store...and been using a Bernat pattern book from 1975 and free patterns from the back of yarn labels! I'm what the Stitch n beach book calls "old school." I am working up my nerve to buy some "real" yarn.

Enjoy!

Joli Gee
Go to Top of Page

clover
Chatty Knitter

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  12:28:57 PM  Show Profile Send clover a Private Message
the forums are bad enough but the links here are what's going to get me fired! lol.

it is so exciting to see what other people are doing. i love it! i love it!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe