Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 50 Yards or Less
 Handspun, Hand-dyed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lavender Stripes
Gabber Extraordinaire

417 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  11:03:29 AM  Show Profile Send Lavender Stripes a Private Message
I'm looking for a small pattern idea for handspun, 100% wool; just something small and special for a friend.It's got a bit of slub to it... Does anyone have any ideas?

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  11:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
How about a hat and use the handspun for the brim? Or, depending on the colors, you could make a flower or animal or something and turn it into a broach (and now Airplane is running through my head)

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

kitkatknit
Chatty Knitter

184 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  3:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit kitkatknit's Homepage Send kitkatknit a Private Message
I came up with 44 yards of 2 ply after a dye party. I dyed a cow pattie of romney, spun it and plyed it with the undyed romney. I hate hats so that is out. The only thing I could come up with is splitting it evenly into two balls and using it for mitten or glove cuffs. Body of mittens or gloves knit from the undyed romney as contrast.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/joyofspin/

Go to Top of Page

celia
Permanent Resident

Australia
2454 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  4:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit celia's Homepage Send celia a Private Message
What about using it as contrast in a scarf, or for mitten cuffs or hat brim as has been suggested?

My blog is here
http://celiaknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lynn Haffner
New Pal

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  09:21:37 AM  Show Profile Send Lynn Haffner a Private Message
What about knitting one of those cute little cell phone bags/covers?
Go to Top of Page

penguino
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  12:29:37 AM  Show Profile Send penguino a Private Message
The cellphone cozy or ipod cozy is great. Also, depending on the amount, you can knit a coin purse, maybe even a small purse.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe