Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 Starting new projects
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lonelywombat
New Pal

26 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  06:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit lonelywombat's Homepage Send lonelywombat a Private Message
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I would like to post here because I have tons of new projects lined up. The problem is I'm so burned out from my Christmas knitting that I can't pick up the needles. I thought I would inspire myself by starting a knit along http://flyingwombat.typepad.com/britalong/ but I can't seem to get going. I also have three sweaters to seam up, a new sweater to start (Lily from Debbie Bliss Book 7) and several small projects to keep me busy. What to do. What to do?javascript:insertsmilie('')
Question

cats
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  07:14:22 AM  Show Profile Send cats a Private Message
take a break (nothing wrong with that) or if you really want to knit buy yourself some absolutely wonderful yarn to make something for yourself. It may be that you're just tired of knitting for other people.
Go to Top of Page

homebodyknits
Seriously Hooked

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  07:41:15 AM  Show Profile Send homebodyknits a Private Message
I'm kind of at that place also. I made so many gifts for Christmas and for others that I keep starting projects and leaving them because I either am not pleased with the way they look or I'm just not motivated enough to finish it. I have decided to just take my time, read the new magazines, look at my old patterns and be picky on what I'm going to do next. I was just asked to make another hat & scarf. So I will do that, but I want to make something special just for me. Anyway, I just wanted you to know you weren't alone and that I'm sure many more feel the same way. Don't they call that the knitters mid-winter blues or something?
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  09:16:26 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Maybe it is time to just settle down look at your knitting mags, go visit a couple of knitting stores, look over your stash. Currently I am like a little hampster on the wheel, I have so many wonderful things to start that I just keep starting things. Well untill I finish something no more starting, BUT I just have so many neat thing right now. So I am saying to myself when you finish this you can start this and so on.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

lonelywombat
New Pal

26 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  12:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit lonelywombat's Homepage Send lonelywombat a Private Message
All good suggestions! I'm used to keeping myself busy knitting when watching television, because I find that such a waste of valuable time. I can be a real couch potato. I'm sure in a week or so, I'll be glad to return to my knitting again. I do have some new yarn coming in. Some Cascade tweed in plum that should get me going again! Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

franna724
Seriously Hooked

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  07:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit franna724's Homepage Send franna724 a Private Message
I had the same problem. It lasted about a week. After that I got really sick of watching tv and not doing anything else at the same time. LOL

I think the Christmas "deadline" made me too exhausted to think about knitting for awhile. Now I know to start my Christmas projects extra early this year. :D

Anna
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  07:59:05 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
heck - I'm still working on some of *LAST* year's christmas presents - not to mention my Mom's Anniversary present from last August - and the shawl I started for my neice's engagement 3 years ago (wedding not for another couple years though)

But I did finish a pseudo-shetland shawl I started Christmas Eve!

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  08:02:30 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
MMario, you know what they say "All good things come to those who wait", so all your people have nice things coming to them. Do they know?

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  08:15:49 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
*grin* some do - (My Mom for one) some don't (like the friend whose muffler is worked in illusion knitting with a very rude phrase worked into it)

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  6:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
I understand completely. Only with me, this year I'm 'quilted out'. In addition to knitting 3 scarves and a hoodie (LoTech Sweat -- go ChicKnits go!), I finished 4 lap/twin quilts and a 24" square quilted wallhanging for Christmas gifts. Oy! So you see, I'm happy to turn to my knitting and x-stitching. You might try the same...take up a hobby you've neglected for a while, and keep your hand in the knitting community with LYS visits, net surfing, KR, magazines etc...and soon you'll have something new on the needles, no problem!

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by