Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitting machine rental
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

michele
Chatty Knitter

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2005 :  3:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit michele's Homepage Send michele a Private Message
Anyone out there know of any sources for renting a knitting machine? All it has to be able to do is stockinette stitch with worsted wool. I have a project in mind with lots of boring stockinette stitch and am looking for an easy way out. Actually it probably won't happen without a knitting machine. Also any suggestions on what brand of machine will do this and not much more? Thanks.
Michele

dragonmom
Seriously Hooked

USA
956 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2005 :  4:08:20 PM  Show Profile Send dragonmom a Private Message
the bond sweater machine does stockinette. i don't know who rents them though. maybe you could contact your local knitting guild, or LYS, and see if they know anybody who has one they'd let you rent.
Minnie

the world is knitted from one beautifully variegated skein and it's up to us not to drop a stitch.
Go to Top of Page

VaxGirl
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
511 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2005 :  1:49:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit VaxGirl's Homepage Send VaxGirl a Private Message
If your local community college or tech school has a fashion related curriculum they may have one. However, you'd probably have to use it there.

"SmellyCat, SmellyCat, what are they feeding you?"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?