Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Felting Talk
 Needle Felting
 needle felting for cloth doll hair
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2005 :  5:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
it worked!!!!!!!!!
and it worked GREAT!!!!
I took a second place with a new cloth doll that had needlefelted hair
(too bad I can't needle felt porcelain)
vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/

Soxy
Gabber Extraordinaire

New Zealand
389 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  01:33:07 AM  Show Profile Send Soxy a Private Message
Good on you Vi!!!

The latest craze with teddies is needle felted faces

Sock Addict
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  09:19:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
I needled felted the whole teddy.......in 1/12 scale
hahahahaha
I didn't put eyes yet however
and I am working on the little girl doll to hold the teddy
and socks
forever socks but they isn't needlefelted

none of this will matter in 100 years.......except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
Go to Top of Page

Soxy
Gabber Extraordinaire

New Zealand
389 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  1:55:28 PM  Show Profile Send Soxy a Private Message
I have too......much quicker than mohair ones!!! And one can correct mistakes easy peasy LOL!

My signature teddies are long legged (like a barbie doll) girls, dressed in only a smallish top (usually something knitted but in pure silk, cotton or wool) and shoes and socks, the socks I knit........with 100% wool that is like sewing tread and tiny ndls like tooth picks which I got from the UK. It actually love knitting those.......sometimes plain sometimes lace!!

Teddy hugs

Sock Addict
Go to Top of Page

Soxy
Gabber Extraordinaire

New Zealand
389 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  2:03:54 PM  Show Profile Send Soxy a Private Message
I like your blog and had a few giggles, we seem to be interested in the same things by the way!!!

Your cats are beautiful, dont they shed hair? I have a cornish rex which is forever active and mischievous....she goes round all day finding something to upset her mommy with LOL!!! The other one is a laid back moggy.....which stays hidden in the cupboard most of the day!!!

I would like to blog too but where on earth do you girls find the time? With being on here most of the day, and in between the usual day to day stuff, let alone all the hobbies!

Sock Addict
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  3:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
laperms don't shed much but you do have to brush out the dead hair and also wash them, which they don't really care much for
but they are wonderful cats, and are considered a rex type coat
I want to see your teddies!!!
vi

Go to Top of Page

Soxy
Gabber Extraordinaire

New Zealand
389 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  7:21:22 PM  Show Profile Send Soxy a Private Message
I dont have a blog thingee! Will see if I cn find pics somewhere!!! I have loads of Twiggy though! LOL LOL!!!

I have to bath her regularly too at least 1x a week as their hair gets greasy they dont have fur......and she gets a bit smelly too from her grooming herself, so do her paws which have no fur either from the litter box........as we dont have a bath only a shower she showers with me (so does the doggie!!! hahahahaha) much easier and I dont get wet!!!! She is quite okay with that!! Email me so that I have your address then I can send some pics.

Hugs

Sock Addict
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.