Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Noro entrelac blanket
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5194 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2005 :  1:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message
Have any of you made the Noro entrelac blanket from Debbie Bliss 2 (I think it was 2). I have seen some folks talk about it on their blogs and I love what it looks like, but don't want to spend a ton on the yarn and pattern book if it ends up being uncomfortable or fragile.

http://crazylaneas.blogspot.com/

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2005 :  4:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Amy, I don't know which of the Noro yarns it calls for, and YMMV depending on your coarse-tolerance factor. If it's Kureyon, I find that WAY to scratchy to even knit with, let alone want to cuddle with as a blanket. Silk Garden is a wee bit better, but not much.

Lissa

Hey - I MEANT to do that!
Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

HoJo
Permanent Resident

USA
1474 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2005 :  6:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit HoJo's Homepage Send HoJo a Private Message
I find that both Kureyon and Silk Garden soften up beautifully when washed in a super gentle cycle (I have a neptune machine with a silk/wool cycle that you can use for dry cleanables) and Knit Wash as soap. I've even dried mine in the drier using a delicate cycle.

Of course, as stated above YMMV.

HoJo

"Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, only backwards and in high heels." Faith Whittesley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.51 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe