Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 Super Bowl Knitting Project
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ginny
Chatty Knitter

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2005 :  7:10:06 PM  Show Profile Send ginny a Private Message
How many knitters have decided what they will be knitting during the Super Bowl?

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  12:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
Oooh, that'd be a good poll question! I'll be working on a sweet novelty yarn shawl.

-Wendy

He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers-all of them master craftsmen and designers.
--Exodus 35:35
Go to Top of Page

Molly C
Seriously Hooked

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  07:14:45 AM  Show Profile Send Molly C a Private Message
Hmmm. . . By the time the SB rolls around I'll probably be working on one of two sweaters. As soon as I finish up the hat I am working on I will be done with my small projects and ready to spend time finishing the sweater I started last year. I have another sweater I want to work on the will be knit on size 3s, so I might cast on soon just to have it started.

Molly
Visit my new home: http://knittingmolly.typepad.com

Have a blog? Join the KR Webring and share your blog with the rest of the group! Click here.
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1921 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  07:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message
I'm working on my spirit trails corset.

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4166 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  07:52:33 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I'll be doing a square from my Aran Afghan...and I'll only watch the commercials!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kekokat
Seriously Hooked

USA
845 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  08:56:37 AM  Show Profile Send kekokat a Private Message
Our LYS is having a knit-in that day and during the game. Just an opportunity for misc. knitters to get together -whether they watch the game or not.
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  09:37:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Something that hides Tostito's salsa droppings. LOL

Dee
~Licensed2Knit
www.Kneatles.com
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  09:52:39 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
I thought football season was long over LOL. Is it tradition to knit during the game?

"I firmly believe the Bible is the misinterpreted word of God." Mokey
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  11:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Licensed2Cook

Something that hides Tostito's salsa droppings. LOL

Dee
~Licensed2Knit
www.Kneatles.com

ROFLM*O!!
And I'm only watching the commercials, too!

-Wendy

He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers-all of them master craftsmen and designers.
Go to Top of Page

Crey
Seriously Hooked

827 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  12:05:39 PM  Show Profile Send Crey a Private Message
Mokey - In my house its my tradition to do anything except watch the game! (not a football lover....) - Crey

"Water that is too pure has no fish." -Ts'ai Ken T'an
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  12:40:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Wendy~I love Super Bowl commercials too although last year they weren't so hot so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this year. Remember the one with the girl in the sleigh with a candle I think and the horse breaks wind? LOL

Dee
~Licensed2Knit
www.Kneatles.com
Go to Top of Page

linda-gail
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  12:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit linda-gail's Homepage Send linda-gail a Private Message
I'll be working on a sock in progress (unless I finish it first) and a baby gift. I have an Aran afghan square started, but I'm a big football fan, and I have to concentrate on those squares, so that will have to wait!

Linda, knitting and now spinning away in MD
Go to Top of Page

dedtired
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  3:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Send dedtired a Yahoo! Message Send dedtired a Private Message
I'll probably work on a hat or something equally simple. I plan to watch the game ... with the teams left in, it should be a great game.
--Justin

On the needles:
--Bias Knit Scarf using Lion Brand Wool-Ease
--Driver's Cap using Lion Brand Lion Cotton
--Knitty Coronet using Mission Falls 1824 Superwash
Go to Top of Page

freecia
Chatty Knitter

195 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  01:28:30 AM  Show Profile Send freecia a Private Message
If I have the spare time close to the super bowl, I like to go to all the crowded places which are suddenly uncrowded at superbowl time. Like the mall which I haven't visited since xmas.

I'd go to my LYS, but I think they'll actually be more full rather than less. Still. Maybe one of them will have a super-bowl bonanza sale.

If I get really bored, I'll break out a knitty in the city pattern and make Janet Jackson an item not prone to wardrobe malfunction. I wonder why people laugh about how Janet Jackson will never be allowed to perform in another superbowl. Can I possibly hope that Justin Timberlake will not be appearing this year?
Go to Top of Page

HoJo
Permanent Resident

USA
1474 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  09:47:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit HoJo's Homepage Send HoJo a Private Message
I'm planning on working on one of my many UFO's - as long as its something I can pick up and put down at will. I have a friend that has a big Super Bowl party (perhaps 75 people - she has a HUGE house - over 6,000 sq ft). The kids are downstairs in the family room and the adults get the upstairs - both locations have large screen tvs.

So if I want to knit and actually see the game I have to get there early to snag a place on a chair or sofa (hmm, perhaps I'll bring my own floor pillow this year) so I can knit.

Oooh, I just remembered I need to bring something with a simple pattern that I won't got lost on once I've had a mojito or 2. Now I have to go check out those UFO's LOL.

HoJo

"Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, only backwards and in high heels." Faith Whittesley
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2210 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  09:59:33 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
I have to admit I don't even know when the superbowl occurs -

it's always been a non-event as far as I and most of my friends and relatives care. though the commercials are sometimes great.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

platys
Seriously Hooked

USA
719 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  10:39:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit platys's Homepage Send platys a Private Message
I'm not sure we're watching the super bowl this year, since Pittsburgh lost, but if we do, I have to figure out how I'm supposed to eat nachos and knit at the same time.

(I'll probably be working on my AbFab afghan, since I picked up back up after an 18 month hiatus.)

Gail
http://www.knittergail.com
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  11:20:02 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
I thought it was last weekend?

Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  12:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
It's usually the last Sunday of January, but this year, because the championship games were just last on the 23rd of Jan, and they always have an off week before the SB, it will be February 6.

-Wendy

Go to Top of Page

Parrot Girl
Permanent Resident

2129 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  12:38:11 PM  Show Profile Send Parrot Girl a Private Message
Madly trying to finish my Mardi Gras socks!

But I did have to ask someone when SB is in order to answer this question! I've never watched it in my life.

"The past does not equal the future"

The other Fran in Kansas City
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  1:18:40 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
The only sport I pay any real attention to is hockey, and I'm still waiting for the season to start - blasted lockout!

Anyone know why the football runs so late into winter?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.