Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Sock Forum
 regia crazy colors
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

glenreagh
New Pal

45 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  10:24:36 AM  Show Profile Send glenreagh a Private Message
This is kind of off the subjects of socks but for all you regia fans out there they now have a yarn they call "crazy colors". It's a 6 ply yarn suitable for making hats, scarfs and even sweaters. They have produced a small pattern book to go with it. Only cost $6.00.
The colors are wonderful. I am now making a sweater for my 2 yr. old granddaughter. The colors are teal, yellow, bright blue, pink and a little dark purple. They blend together to form rows much as the regia sock yarn does. I'm working on size 3 circ. needles (no seams) and will probably have enough yarn left to make a pair of socks to go with the sweater.
bw

GreysMom2
Chatty Knitter

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  10:53:19 AM  Show Profile Send GreysMom2 a Private Message
I have been "stalking" crazy colors online for just over a month now. I still haven't ordered any yet, but I'm getting closer and closer. I love the Regia Jacquards for socks and thought the crazy colors would be a nice change of pace. Did you order online or did you find it at an LYS?

Kim

Go to Top of Page

glenreagh
New Pal

45 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  5:04:44 PM  Show Profile Send glenreagh a Private Message
I was able to find them locally. Fortunately they had the color I was looking for. However, had they not had it I was going to order from Carodan Farms. They have all the colors and the price was the same as the LYS. In fact, that is where I first discovered this yarn.
bw.
In case your want it:
www.carodanfarms.com
Go to Top of Page

navyseel
Chatty Knitter

142 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  9:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit navyseel's Homepage Send navyseel a Private Message
Thanks for posting this. I too have been stalking this yarn online since none of my LYS carry it. Was hoping to find it at Stitches East but no such luck. I've been wanting to make a scarf and mittens out of the stuff since the colors are amazing!

Celia
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  10:32:22 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
You can find it in the current Mary Maxim catalogue.

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

BooksAngel
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2002 :  05:25:18 AM  Show Profile Send BooksAngel a Private Message
dylan,

I can't get that address for the crazy yarn to work. I just found the yarn on ebay and want to see more.

Angel

Go to Top of Page

glenreagh
New Pal

45 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2002 :  06:15:43 AM  Show Profile Send glenreagh a Private Message
Sorry about the web address
This is the correction
www.carodanfarm.com

I had added an s at the end of carodanfarm.
Go to Top of Page

Marimel910@PeoplePC.com
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2002 :  11:42:34 PM  Show Profile Send Marimel910@PeoplePC.com a Private Message
I have been knitting for more years than I care to admit to but have to admit that I haven't knitted socks in over 20 years. I was intrigued by Regia's Crazy Socks so decided to try them. I was able to get the Regia Crazy Sock yarn and free sock pattern from the Mary Maxim (USA) catalog for about $6.00 a skein, plus S&H. It takes two skeins for a pair of ankle socks. Unfortunately, I had to wait about a month for my yarn to arrive since it was on back order. (They must be selling a lot of it.) When the yarn & pattern finally arrived, I could hardly wait to begin. Its really fun to see the stripes develop and the colors jump out. This is a soft, easily worked yarn. Since my schedule has been so full lately, I've only completed one sock. I hope the other turns out to match. I know my college
student daughter will love them. Maybe the socks will be done in
time to put under the Christmas tree!

Marimel
Go to Top of Page

Valerie
Warming Up

59 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  04:51:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Valerie's Homepage Send Valerie a Private Message
Hi there,

Have not posted for a while...been busy with my new Regia yarn and
I have completed one sock...my "practice" sock came out very well.
I was amazed by the architecture of it...never really gave socks
much thought except that I love to wear them especially to bed :)
Anyway, I read through the sock forum and said...what the heck...I
will give them a try...after a little difficulty with the dpns..
and trying to use vermicelli size yarn I got the hang of it....and
presto..one is one. I had heard so much about the Regia yarns I
thought I would try them and it is fantastic. I am one who tends
to get bored quickly (although I do finish most of my projects under
some protest especially when I get to the sleeves) but this is so
much fun!! I was knitting the other day in a large conference room
with a bunch of others I might add and folks could not believe out
of a mess of colours the little patterend sock emerged! The speaker
was wondering afterwards (a good knitting friend I might add) what all the fuss was about :)

So if you have been uncertain...try them! I am knitting on a Size
2 needle and the pattern is coming out perfectly. I got the yarn
at KnitPicks online..rec'd their catalogue...came in four days
and there is no shipping for orders over $30....

I had better get clicking and get the other one done...we had 3 inches
of snow here yesterday and more is predicted for tomorrow...the season
is upon us!!

Thanks for listening.

Val in New Hampshire

"She obtains wool and flax; her fingers ply the spindle"
Ecclesiastes 31; 13,19

Go to Top of Page

Smidgemom
New Pal

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2002 :  11:26:55 AM  Show Profile Send Smidgemom a Private Message
Hello everyone, I am a newbie to sock knitting, and just finished my first sock with Regia Crazy colors. I have a question!! Is it possible to make two matching socks, or does the stripe width and order always vary? I also am not very good with the picture type care instructions, how should one best care for items made with this yarn? thanks for all of your help!! Carol
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1561 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2002 :  11:30:13 AM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
Make sure you start your second sock at the exact same color match on the yarn that you started the first sock on. Make sure the color sequences match and your second sock should be the same as the first. Then, sometimes, it's fun to make them so they don't match.

Shirley

Too much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page

GreysMom2
Chatty Knitter

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2002 :  7:06:06 PM  Show Profile Send GreysMom2 a Private Message
Hello all. I've been gone a while, but I'm back and finally ready to post again. It's taken a little while, but it's good to be back. (see post on Prayer Knitting in Knitting as Therapy for reason I've been gone)

I'm almost ready to get knitting again and the Crazy Colors I ordered in mid October came in. I have been using the Regia Jacquard on size 1 circ addi's and 60 stitch co. Since the Crazy Colors is slightly thicker, anyone care to share the needle size and co stitch number with me? I was thinking I might be able to go down to 52 stitches to achieve roughly the same size. I just hate to swatch, so if anyone has any tips I'd be most appreciative.

Kim

Go to Top of Page

Smidgemom
New Pal

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2002 :  08:22:26 AM  Show Profile Send Smidgemom a Private Message
Shirley!! Thanks for the information about the matching of the second sock with the Crazy colors yarn. I finished the pair, and my daughter wore them to day care this morning!! She loves them!! Thanks again!! Carol

Go to Top of Page

linda-gail
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2002 :  1:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit linda-gail's Homepage Send linda-gail a Private Message
I just won some of this yarn on Ebay. I can't wait!!!

Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1561 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2002 :  5:01:01 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
Carol, you're welcome. I love it when things work out!

Shirley

Too much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.