Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitting at knoon sun visor hat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Parrot Girl
Permanent Resident

2129 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  2:52:23 PM  Show Profile Send Parrot Girl a Private Message
Has anyone made this hat? Here's the website: http://www.knittingatknoon.com/sunhatpatt.html

If you have, what yarn did you use? How did it turn out?

"The past does not equal the future"

The other Fran in Kansas City

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  3:23:06 PM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
I used an acrylic yarn and it turned out fine. I did add one thing to the pattern however. I found the band around the bottom of the hat stretched out as it was worn so I stitched in a grosgrain ribbon to keep it sized.

fran
Go to Top of Page

Kelly B
Permanent Resident

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  4:45:17 PM  Show Profile Send Kelly B a Private Message
I tried it in Debbie Bliss wool/cotton and the visor flopped pathetically. Ripped it out and did a bucket hat instead.

My album: http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=435997750203&page=1&sort_order=0
Go to Top of Page

PatriciaS
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
537 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  8:12:39 PM  Show Profile Send PatriciaS a Private Message
It's darling. I think if I tried it I'd be tempted to find some raffia or something. ;-) Not sure I'd have the courage to knit it except in exactly what the directions specified, and even then ... ???
Go to Top of Page

jovneo
Chatty Knitter

Singapore
146 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  8:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit jovneo's Homepage Send jovneo a Private Message
I was just wondering... Do they add a cardboard to the front part, otherwise, how does it stand up?

~ Jovneo ~
Go to Top of Page

dragonmom
Seriously Hooked

USA
956 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  10:36:46 PM  Show Profile Send dragonmom a Private Message
stitch N beach nation has a newsboy cap with a bill, that is knit in a pocket, andyou insert plastic canvas cut to fit. maybe that's how it works.
Minnie

the world is knitted from one beautifully variegated skein and it's up to us not to drop a stitch.
http://dragonmadknitter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2005 :  05:19:29 AM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
I love that hat, and I keep forgetting that I want to make it. I may even keep it for myself (in the year and a half I've been knitting, I've made absolutely nothing for me).

Barbara
Remember, we're self-selecting!

My photos: I've gone back to yahoo!
My blog:
Go to Top of Page

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2005 :  2:47:35 PM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
The bill on this hat does not have any stiffening but it is a large bill that goes around the head. It reminds me of some of the hats worn in the colonial days and they also had soft bills. The fit is more like a bonnet rather than a baseball cap.

fran
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?