Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 100 to 250 Yards
 4 skeins Jo Sharp Desert Garden?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NaProus
Permanent Resident

1828 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2005 :  4:10:02 PM  Show Profile Send NaProus a Private Message
picked up the last 4 skeins at the closing sale for an LYS near me yesterday. Gorgeous color -- lavender? very muted, very elegant.

It's 240 yards altogether (60 yards a skein). I don't really know what to do with it, however! I live in the frozen north, so a cotton winter scarf would be a bad idea. And while a summer shawl would be lovely, this is clearly not enough yarn for that (unless I went mega mega lacy, I guess). I'm not really into knitting things for small children, so that's not really an option.

Any ideas?

WIPs: clapotis, leper bandages, another Ruffles scarf
Recently finished: lacy scarves out of Filatura di Crosa Magico, Ruffles, Ruffles, and more Ruffles! (can you tell I like ruffles?)
Can't wait to start: Assymetrical jacket from The Knit Stitch

knit_chick
Permanent Resident

1484 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2005 :  4:41:49 PM  Show Profile Send knit_chick a Private Message
Have you checked the Jo Sharp books?

In the Holiday Island book, there is Siesta (basic headscarf). In the Family book (which I personally like the designs), there is there is a scarf. It's more of a summer scarf, not a winter one.

Since Desert Garden is an aran yarn, there's also a bucket hat.

knit one chic too
Go to Top of Page

NaProus
Permanent Resident

1828 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2005 :  5:04:36 PM  Show Profile Send NaProus a Private Message
Hmmm... that bucket hat looks interesting. How on earth does it hold its shape? The Jo Sharp yarn is so soft that I can't imagine it doing it on its own, and summer hats need to shade the eyes!

Some nice designs in the second book especially. Pity I like the sweaters the most!

Thanks for the ideas!

WIPs: clapotis, leper bandages, another Ruffles scarf
Recently finished: lacy scarves out of Filatura di Crosa Magico, Ruffles, Ruffles, and more Ruffles! (can you tell I like ruffles?)
Can't wait to start: Assymetrical jacket from The Knit Stitch
Go to Top of Page

diana.enky
Permanent Resident

Australia
1092 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  5:13:59 PM  Show Profile Send diana.enky a Private Message
You can always buy some more Desert Garden to make a sweater and use the lilac colour you have as a highlight in stripes or edgings

Diana

2005 stats: 3 WIP, 3 FO, 2 Frog
Purchases: 9 books, 11 yarn
Go to Top of Page

NaProus
Permanent Resident

1828 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  6:16:22 PM  Show Profile Send NaProus a Private Message
I *could* do that... but I'm scared of working in colors! Texture doesn't faze me, lace doesn't faze me, but I've never ever knit anything in more than one color.... What a wus I am!

Thanks, though...

WIPs: clapotis, leper bandages, another Ruffles scarf, Best Friend Jacket from The Knit Stitch
Favorite yarns: mostly the ones I can't afford!
Go to Top of Page

scottjohn@comcast.net
New Pal

12 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  07:22:40 AM  Show Profile Send scottjohn@comcast.net a Private Message
What about mixing it with a another yarn and making a simple lace shawl for the summer. Alternate the two yarns and you'll be able to make the yarn go further.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe