Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Suggest a poll
 Only so many hours in a day
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knittinit
Chatty Knitter

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  12:07:03 AM  Show Profile Send Knittinit a Private Message
If the average person sleeps 8 hrs day, that leaves 16 hours left to do knitting-right? Well, that may be bit unreasonable considering there's so many other important things to accomplish in one's life, like eating and reading Knitters Review... and shopping for yarn. So my question is: How many hours a day do you spend knitting?

Brenda
Healdsburg, CA
Dreams of finished solar house & my own alpaca & angora to knit up.
[IMG] http://treed.mystarband.net/brenda/sheep2.gif[/IMG]

homebodyknits
Seriously Hooked

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  04:08:27 AM  Show Profile Send homebodyknits a Private Message
I don't think I'm a good one to ask this question! I spend more hours knitting than I do anything else. I knit in the car, infront of the TV, in the drs. office, watching a grandchilds game, etc. I am an early riser and get my housework done early so I can spend the rest of my day doing what I want-Knit! My family members are all enablers-they ask for more handknit items! My 6'4" 32 yr old son now wants a sweater. That will take a while and lots of yarn. I am finishing up a weasley sweater for my 9 yr old grandson. I would say to answer the question, I knit at least 8 hrs a day. Sometimes more, not very often less.

Homebody Knits

Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

http://www.picturetrail.com/knitsbykathy
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4390 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  05:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
Two or three hours for me, on a good night. I can't knit at work, even though sometimes I wish I could. I knit to relax and unwind, usually while watching TV or a movie. I get more time in on my days off, but not always, so I really look forward to the evenings when I get to knit!

Jane
jcc28

"Books are where things are explained to you, life is where things aren't and I'm not surprised that some people prefer books." Julian Barnes

My album: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzenu0u9/
Go to Top of Page

kitkatknit
Chatty Knitter

184 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  1:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit kitkatknit's Homepage Send kitkatknit a Private Message
My weekday breakdown =
Up at 5:45am, at work by 7. Away from work between 3:30 and 5. Ride bike if nice out (temp under 90 and still light out) Fix dinner, wash dishes, collapse by 7:30 -- 8pm. Unless we have some kind of school or arts event or meeting. Then I have some recreational time till 11pm or so.

Weekends? Sometimes lots of time, sometimes little.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/joyofspin/

Go to Top of Page

scrapart
Chatty Knitter

106 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  2:52:34 PM  Show Profile Send scrapart a Private Message
Hmmm - not as much as I would like to! I try to fit in at least an hour a night; doesn't happen that way though. *sigh*

Genia in MD
Joining the blog craze!
http://scrapartscorner.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dotzz24
Warming Up

61 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  5:09:53 PM  Show Profile Send dotzz24 a Private Message
I'm retired and you would think I could knit all day, but I can't seem to do that. By the time evening comes I manage two - three hours before I fall asleep.

Dottie
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  3:03:02 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
I probably average about 3 or 4 hrs. in the evening, but sometimes, when insomnia hits, or I'm really excited and anxious to get something done, I've been known to stay up all night.

I take my knitting everywhere, so I also get in a few minutes here and there, while waiting for kids or appointments (or dinner to be served [crazy])

Barbara

Healthy conservatism promotes the continuity of civilization, the importance of community, the dangers of thoughtless change. It does not, or should not, assert the right of white, Christian heterosexual males of a certain age to limit the rights of everyone else. The past 100 years of social history has been dedicated, on good days, to constraining the dominance of this minority. Yesterday was a good day: J.Ibbotson, June 29/05, on the passing of the same-sex marriage bill.

Photos:
Blog:

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.43 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.