Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 I PASSED MY CLASS
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fraggle
Seriously Hooked

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  5:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fraggle's Homepage Send Fraggle a Private Message
I passed my medical surgical nursing class on the second try. Knitting helped to keep me calm and centered when I couldn't concentrate on my studies and prepare me to start reading the 100lb text book again so I could get through.

Now all I have is two more classes to take to be able to graduate!!!!

I think now I need to take on a new knitting challenge. Maybe socks after I get my (nearly complete, sizes 2 - 15) needle set on the 20th for B-day.

Thanks for sharing in my celebration. I really PASSED!!

~ Fraggle

"I think they meant it when they said you can't buy love, now I know you can rent it, a new lease you were, my love . . ." From Rent

http://craftingandrambling.blogspot.com/

PattiG
Permanent Resident

1119 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  5:48:04 PM  Show Profile Send PattiG a Private Message
Congratulations! I know that is a huge accomplishment!!!

PattiG
http://redvelvetcake.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  5:48:45 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Congratulations!

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  5:50:41 PM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
Good for you! Congratulations!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

tedbets
Warming Up

57 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  5:50:54 PM  Show Profile Send tedbets a Private Message
Congratulations!!!
It's always a good feeling to have a tough class behind you. I know you're glad to have the end in sight.
Betsy
Go to Top of Page

dignitynaplomb
Chatty Knitter

259 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  6:27:59 PM  Show Profile Send dignitynaplomb a Private Message
Congratulations!

-Heather

http://sitnknit.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

scarlet
Chatty Knitter

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  7:48:20 PM  Show Profile Send scarlet a Private Message
Congrats!!

--tara

Always wear your seatbelt. It makes it harder for the aliens to snatch you from your car.
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  01:18:29 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Good on ya!!!

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose.
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  01:54:00 AM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Doesn't that feel just so great! What are you going for a BSN, AA, NP or are you not in nursing school? I might have picked up the topic incorrectly. If you are going into nursing, welcome....we need all the nurses we can get and the pay is much much better than it used to be in the olden days. I have been in the nursing field in some form or other since I was 17 thats almost 26 years! Oh my...I hadn't realized how long I've been taking care of patients. I love this career and even though it's tough, I'd never want to be or do anything else. Since we have to work (well most of us) we better find something we truly love. I can't imagine going to a job every day that I hated. Lifes just too short for that....since I'm going to work I have to be doing something I love and something that helps others.

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  05:02:42 AM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
Congratulations,This is a very rewarding field to be in.I've done it from peppermint girl (that's what they use to call it) at 14.And the operating room dept is one of the most interesting dept.besides thematernity dept.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

gdelrosa
Seriously Hooked

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  09:43:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit gdelrosa's Homepage  Send gdelrosa a Yahoo! Message Send gdelrosa a Private Message
Congrats on passing your class. I hope to be in nursing school by the fall so I look forward to hearing more about your experiences. Where do you go to school?

Gail
Go to Top of Page

KysKnitnMom
Permanent Resident

1050 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  09:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit KysKnitnMom's Homepage Send KysKnitnMom a Private Message
Congratulations Fraggle!! We are all so happy for you! And yes, you should definitely do some socks. I am certainly a member of the sock fan club and encourage you to do them...do them now :) You will never be able to stop! Enjoy your needle set when you get it. That is a fabulous b-day gift. Again, great job on passing your class. She should be very proud of yourself. So now I expect to find socks when I'm reading your blog :)

Megann, in sunny San Diego.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kysknitnmom/my_photos

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about....
Go to Top of Page

LuvYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
424 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  10:31:02 AM  Show Profile Send LuvYarn a Private Message
I hope you get through those last two classes with ease. When you graduate you should reward yourself with some great yarn. It is a great accomplishment.
Go to Top of Page

SR5Rfan
Permanent Resident

USA
1232 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  8:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit SR5Rfan's Homepage Send SR5Rfan a Private Message
Congratulations!!!

Beth
"I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like."
Go to Top of Page

Fraggle
Seriously Hooked

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  9:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fraggle's Homepage Send Fraggle a Private Message
Let's see. I am in nursing school, an ADN program at a local technical college. I've always wanted to be a nurse and when I strayed from trying to be one, I wasn't happy, so I'm now very close to my goal. I have a pediatrics class that I will take in the summer and now (I started it today) is Advance concept nursing that touches on trauma care and includes our preceptorship that I'll start on Monday. I have to work in 108 hours with my preceptor (for those who don't know preceptorship is similar job shadowing, I'll do patient care under direction of an RN). Plus get in class time, test time, and my 36 hr weekly job. So as much as I want to do socks, I may only start working on them the day I get my B-day present and then wait until I'm done working my 108 hours.

Thanks all, and I'll share more about school later.

~ Fraggle

"I think they meant it when they said you can't buy love, now I know you can rent it, a new lease you were, my love . . ." From Rent

http://craftingandrambling.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  11:58:48 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Congrats! As someone who couldn't even watch the child birth videos in pre-natal class, as someone who literally threw up the first time she got up after having a child, I love those who can stomach it to look after me.

"I firmly believe the Bible is the misinterpreted word of God." Mokey

www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

mbrazz
Warming Up

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  7:25:24 PM  Show Profile Send mbrazz a Private Message
What hospital will you be shadowing? If it is trauma, UC? Neverless, great job!

Peggy
Go to Top of Page

mbrazz
Warming Up

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  7:26:47 PM  Show Profile Send mbrazz a Private Message
Never mind my asking, i was thinking you were in OH!

Peggy
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  8:19:33 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Fraggle you are so gonna love nursing. It's a wonderful career. I have my ADN and a bachelors in biology. Never did get my BSN, but I get paid the same and have the same jobs here where I work as a BSN so I don't have the incentive to go back for that although I wouldn't do it even if I had the chance. I would go back and work on my masters the Phd in Microbiology or virology. You have done the right thing. No use being miserable and unhappy in your career choice. Think about all the time we have to spend at work. Almost all our adult lives....if we're lucky. I refuse to be unhappy or miserable for that long....life is worth true happiness....it takes time but it will come. I loved my preceptorship. It was awesome. I learned so much. Basically, my preceptor would get his assignment then I would take over. He was there if I needed help or if I needed to learn new techniques. He was the best and I learned so so much from him. Not all programs have preceptorships, but those that do have many more nurses that pass boards on their first try. Enjoy school. Learn alot. But expect to get on those floors and figure what you learned will fit into your baby finger compared to what we learn once we get into the field. I probably didn't feel comfortable as a RN until I had been working 6-8 months, so be kind to yourself and give yourself lots of space to learn and make mistakes...little ones anyway. We so badly need good nurses alot of our nurses are getting to retirement age and there aren't as many new ones coming into the field. Good luck, study hard, and don't forget to ENJOY!!!

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

GoodnightGirl
New Pal

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  9:49:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit GoodnightGirl's Homepage Send GoodnightGirl a Private Message
Congrats to you!

- Liz

my blog... www.goodnightweb.com
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4388 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  05:22:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
I just stopped in to see what class...found out it's something reeeeally big! Congratulations Fraggle! Knitting will keep you sane!

Jane
jcc28

"Books are where things are explained to you, life is where things aren't and I'm not surprised that some people prefer books." Julian Barnes

My album: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzenu0u9/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.