Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Seeking Nearby Knitters
 Any Yarn Shops Near Spartanburg SC?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  08:02:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message
We have to travel from Knoxville to Spartenburg next weekend, and if I can locate any 'shouldn't miss' yarn stores we'll leave a day early to hit them. Probable route is I-40 South to I-26. We'll be going through Asheville, and I know about Earth Guild! but what other stops should I plan to make along the way? If it helps, I'm a knitter and spinner who also weaves and does bobbin lace; my DH is a cross-stitcher.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

mimi1054
New Pal

25 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  1:17:13 PM  Show Profile Send mimi1054 a Private Message
Hi Pamela,

I live in Asheville, and we have several wonderful yarn stores in the area, in addition to Earth Guild (lucky us!). There's a store in Biltmore Village called Yarn Paradise, a store on the south side of town called Sage Cottage Yarns, and a store between here and Hendersonville called Yarns to Dye For. There's also a store in Black Mountain, which is about 20 minutes East of here, called Wilde and Wooly. They're all excellent stores, and they stock an amazing array of yarns. The owners/staff in all of them are very helpful, if you have any questions. I'd be glad to get you addresses/directions/phone numbers if you'd like. If you can take an extra day to visit them (which would give you time to head over to Black Mountain, too), I would do it--it's worth it.

Anne

Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings--Salvador Dali
Go to Top of Page

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  09:50:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message
Looks like I found exactly the right person! Thanks, Anne! Our schedule may be changing slightly to put us in Asheville on Saturday evening and Sunday, which will let out a lot of stores (Sunday closings). We were planning to tour Biltmore, so hopefully I can find Yarn Paradise; and we have to drive right past Black Mountain Saturday afternoon - do you happen to have directions or a phone number for Wilde and Wooly?

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

mimi1054
New Pal

25 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  9:50:39 PM  Show Profile Send mimi1054 a Private Message
Hi Pamela,

Yarn Paradise is open on Sundays. It's located in Biltmore Village, on the last street that borders the village area (All Soul's Crescent? Not sure.). You can't miss it--it's in one of the old houses in the middle of the street. It's near Chelsea's Tea Room, if you're familiar with the area. Their number is 828-274-4213. The Corner Kitchen restaurant on the corner across from Yarn Paradise is good if you're looking for someplace to eat, and I think it's open on Sunday (I believe Chelsea's is closed). Also, LaPaz restaurant is about a block away in Biltmore Village and it's very good, also. Wilde and Wooly is located at 135 Broadway in Black Mountain--it's in the middle of town, right down from Tyson's furniture. I'm not sure if they're open on Sunday. Their phone # is 828-669-0600. Also, if you're visiting Biltmore House, the Bistro Restaurant there is quite good. (Can you tell I like to eat as much as I like to knit?)

Hope this helps--even if Yarn Paradise turns out to be the only store open on Sunday, be sure to go--I think you'll really enjoy it.

Anne

Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings--Salvador Dali
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.