Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Talk about books reviewed in Knitter's Review
 At Knits End-Stephanie Pearl-Mcphee (Yarn Harlot)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1346 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  12:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message
I just got the phone call from the book store and it's here! Yay I'm leaving work early so I can get it an hour earlier. I'll let you know how great it is when I've actually read some of it.

SweetJane
Chatty Knitter

168 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  2:11:35 PM  Show Profile Send SweetJane a Private Message
Can't wait to hear what you think! I'm a regular to her website.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

plath
Gabber Extraordinaire

460 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  4:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit plath's Homepage Send plath a Private Message
Oh I'm going to add this to my Amazon wishlist right now! I can't believe it's already out!

Woops. I went to add it, and it was already there. Silly me.

http://www.plath.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KysKnitnMom
Permanent Resident

1050 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  08:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit KysKnitnMom's Homepage Send KysKnitnMom a Private Message
I pre-ordered mine on Amazon but it hasn't shipped. I also ran to Borders and Barnes and Noble yesterday but neither one had it yet :(

Megann, in sunny San Diego.

http://allthingsm.typepad.com/

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kysknitnmom/my_photos

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about....
Go to Top of Page

Bookworm
Chatty Knitter

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  5:49:25 PM  Show Profile Send Bookworm a Private Message
I ordered one from Amazon yesterday. They said it would be here by April 7. Can't wait!
Hazel
Go to Top of Page

Molly C
Seriously Hooked

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  7:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Molly C's Homepage Send Molly C a Private Message
I found a copy yesterday at my local Barnes & Noble. It's a tiny little book, but I smile the whole time while reading it.

It's not quite as madcap as her blog, but it's definitely worth owning, and truly captures her spirit.

Molly
Knitting Away in Connecticut.

Have a blog? Join the KR Webring and share your blog with the rest of the group! Click here.
Go to Top of Page

HAmom
Chatty Knitter

USA
105 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  09:38:03 AM  Show Profile Send HAmom a Private Message
I just picked mine up at Barnes and Noble this morning...can't wait to read it!
Coleen
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  10:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I actually just took it OFF my amazon list. I ordered it in 2004, and expected it to be shipped when it came out. They were saying I'd have it delivered March 10, but it hadn't even shipped yet as of yesterday, so I'll be searching physical shops this weekend.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

RachelKnitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2995 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  11:17:01 AM  Show Profile Send RachelKnitter a Private Message
Well, to be fair, the largest wholesale book distributor in the world (who we're depending on to get it from) doesn't have it yet either. (Yes, I know, I can't believe I'm defending Amazon!) For a smaller publisher like Storey, it takes a while for them to get it out to everyone. The big guys are able to orchestrate it so it gets to everyone at the same time, but for smaller publishers this is not as easy to do. That said, Amazon stopped calling this title Not Yet Released almost a week ago, so that should mean they have it already.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep; his cupidity may at some point be satiated: but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  6:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I bought the book at B&N. It is absolutely adorable. Some of the pages make you laugh out loud and all the pages give you that knowing little smile. This is a book to keep in your knitting bag and keep looking through it. I totally recommend it for anyone who knits.

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page

nyifan
New Pal

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  08:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit nyifan's Homepage Send nyifan a Private Message
I bought mine from an amazon seller actually - paid a few dollars less than amazons posted cost
West Sound Books, Gifts & Collectibles
(not in anyway affiliated, just VERY pleased with the fast and friendly service!

I ordered on Saturday, it arrived Tuesday!

I havent finished it yet, (darn work for getting in the way of knitting and knitting reading!) but what i have read is WONDERFUL! grab it if you can find it!!

-=Dani
http://www.danisown.com/blog
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  08:26:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I read it last night, and annoyed my husband (and cats) to no end, laughing, and wanting to read parts to them (the cats at least pretended to listen)

Like someone said - it's not as madcap as her blog, but it's a great little burst of Stephanie.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

sanesi
Chatty Knitter

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  2:27:36 PM  Show Profile Send sanesi a Private Message
I got it at my local Barnes & Noble because I just couldn't wait for my local store to get it and I'm loving it. I'm having a hard time choosing between reading and working on my latest WIP - not enough time for both! I think it's a great book and it has so many wonderful little thougths.

My new blog: http://paintpurl.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5189 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  06:06:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message
I got mine yeseterday at the Borders we knit in--yay. I've only read a couple of pages, but am looking forward to taking it with me tonight when I go to a lecture--there is lots of metro reading time in my future.

http://crazylaneas.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JustJackie
Chatty Knitter

265 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  10:27:02 PM  Show Profile Send JustJackie a Private Message
I just got mine today from Amazon. I read a few pages really enjoying it.Makes ya laugh and it sure hits home.Can you ever Knit to MuchThat's it for me gotta get back to reading and then knitting.. Jackie
Go to Top of Page

knit_chick
Permanent Resident

1484 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  3:24:29 PM  Show Profile Send knit_chick a Private Message
I picked up a copy at B&N a few days ago. I've only had some time to page through it, but it had me laughing. I can't wait to read the whole thing from cover to cover (in the private... no need for people to wonder why I'm cracking up).

knit one chic too
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  2:00:15 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Lanea

I got mine yeseterday at the Borders we knit in--yay. I've only read a couple of pages, but am looking forward to taking it with me tonight when I go to a lecture--there is lots of metro reading time in my future.

http://crazylaneas.blogspot.com/

Do you mind people staring at you while you laugh on the metro?

Anita
My completed projects
Go to Top of Page

leftyknits
Warming Up

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  7:25:43 PM  Show Profile Send leftyknits a Private Message
Got it, read it, love it! Keep it in my knitting bag!

Knitting purls of a different kind
--Crystal Harriman
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
1994 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  05:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
I received my order from powells.com (love them both in person in their Portland stores & on line!) & it's a great little gem of a book. In addition to the laughing & smiling I was doing along w/the rest of you, I found myself nodding w/the tho't of "Oh yeah, that makes perfect sense to me."
Stephanie's blog has inspired us, moved us, made us laugh, taught us, amazed us, entertained us. Who could ask for anything more?
Martha
Go to Top of Page

paper tiger
Chatty Knitter

282 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  11:18:29 AM  Show Profile Send paper tiger a Private Message
Anyone who can get to a stop on her tour... DO IT. She had an entire huge room of New Yorkers completely captivated last night with her reading and stories (and this isn't just the wine that Lord & Taylor gave us talking...). I have been to more book parties than I can count and this was the best one by far.
Go to Top of Page

Scarf lady
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  8:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scarf lady's Homepage Send Scarf lady a Private Message
For those of you that live in Western Pennsylvania, our yarn shop, Knit-Wits Inc in Greensburg, PA, is fortunate enough to have scheduled "The Yarn Harlot" for a reception and book signing at our shop on June 6th from 5pm till 7pm. [size=4]We are so excited!! We met her at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival and she is as funny, sweet, and down to earth as her writings. If you are in the area at that time, give us a call and let us know you are coming.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe