Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Seeking nearby spinners / guilds
 Spinning classes in North Texas?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flutebabe
Seriously Hooked

968 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  3:21:58 PM  Show Profile Send flutebabe a Private Message
Does anyone know of any spinning classes in North Texas, the North Dallas area? I've Googled and yellow paged and came up with basically nothing. I contacted my LYS, but as of yet had no response.

Any guidance would be APPRECIATED!

Knit kitty
Permanent Resident

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  3:51:14 PM  Show Profile Send Knit kitty a Private Message
Have you called Simpatico Yarns? They are in Bedford, but I know she has several spinning wheels in the shop.

~Rebecca

"Divide your life into 10-minute increments, then see to it that you waste as few of them as possible"
Go to Top of Page

sallyjo
Permanent Resident

USA
2401 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  6:18:46 PM  Show Profile Send sallyjo a Private Message
But does she have comfy chairs? And hot caffeinated beverages?

"as if God had shrugged his shoulders (and) presently our civilization will once again belong to the misshapen, the moonstruck, and the damned" Woolcott Gibbs
Go to Top of Page

flutebabe
Seriously Hooked

968 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  7:51:37 PM  Show Profile Send flutebabe a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by sallyjo

But does she have comfy chairs? And hot caffeinated beverages?

"as if God had shrugged his shoulders (and) presently our civilization will once again belong to the misshapen, the moonstruck, and the damned" Woolcott Gibbs

...and a large assortment of fresh baked goods???? ;)
Go to Top of Page

flutebabe
Seriously Hooked

968 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  7:53:29 PM  Show Profile Send flutebabe a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Knit kitty

Have you called Simpatico Yarns? They are in Bedford, but I know she has several spinning wheels in the shop.

~Rebecca

"Divide your life into 10-minute increments, then see to it that you waste as few of them as possible"

Bedford. As in Hurst-Euless-Bedford? I'm not terribly familiar with the area. I think I had a gig in Bedford once. Is it just north of Ft. Worth? I'd like to go there to look at the wheels, but wouldn't be able afford the gas to go there very often. :(
I'll look them up and check them out! Thanks Rebecca!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Knit kitty
Permanent Resident

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  8:19:19 PM  Show Profile Send Knit kitty a Private Message
Yes, H-E-B is it. She is not far from Hwy 183 at 520 Bedford Rd. Last time I was there, she was spinning yarn from her fluffy dog's undercoat. I don't know about the beverages and baked goods, though.

~Rebecca

Go to Top of Page

dasspears@comcast.net

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  09:54:38 AM  Show Profile Send dasspears@comcast.net a Private Message
Leef Bloomenstiel in Gunter, Texas,just north of Celina teaches spinning, knitting, weaving, etc. She is excellent and very reasonably priced. I just finished an Intermediate Spinning class with her and will take the Advanced class in about 2 months. I learned great techniquest that make my spinning more enjoyable than ever.

Her website is www.appleleeffarm.com. I highly recommend her.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe