Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Sock Forum
 Sock book for circular needles!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2001 :  5:06:52 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
I finally received my book "Socks Soar with Circular Needles" It is just a fantastic book and fantastic method. I have just ordered double sets in 3 sizes of Addi Turbo Bamboo circular needles so I can knit socks. The book is entertaining and informative. I don't think I would have ever figured out how to do it with out the book although it is much simpler than using double pointed needles. You are not always changing to the next needle.

Just thought you sock knitters would want to know this if you haven't all ready tried it. I never heard of it until I joined this forum!

Shirley

Smock7
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
491 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2001 :  7:49:09 PM  Show Profile Send Smock7 a Private Message
Hi Shirley! Please tell us how you like knitting on two needles when you begin. I am looking at my sock I'm knitting on dps and I can't imagine how you would knit on two circulars!?! I saw the book you purchased at the knit store but didn't look at it in detail as the owner suggested another book. Sooooo, now I'm extremely curious! I almost want to run up to the knit store after work Tuesday to get the book! Is this supposed to be faster than on dps? Thank you! Vanessa

Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2001 :  8:56:31 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
Vanessa...I love knitting on two needles. Mow that I have done it, I would never change back to 4/5 needles. I think it is much easier that knitting on dp's because you don't have to change needles so often and juggle the yarn and pick the 4th needle up off the floor! <G>
I tried with two needles before I got my book and could not figure out the mechanics of it. It is really quite simple. You divide the stitches in half and work from the same needle. The other needle is idle. Then you change and knit those stitches. If you look at a picture of it, you will see how simple it is. Hope you can understand my explanation of it.

Shirley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?