Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 spring clean up
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

linda-gail
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  09:39:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit linda-gail's Homepage Send linda-gail a Private Message
I love the spring for many reasons, not the least of which is that it seems to be my time of year to clean up, give or throw things away and open up the spaces that have been cluttered all winter. Last year I took a week of vacation and spent the entire time at home, doing garden clean up, house clean out, and indulging in fiber frenzy. I had such a wonderful time that I am doing the same thing this year. It seems to be nesting in reverse. Housecleaning is NOT my favorite thing to do but I really get into it in the spring, and while I'm at it, I inventory, make huge piles for garbage, selling, donating, etc. I start vacation on the 23rd and can't wait!
Am I crazy or do others do the same thing?

Linda, knitting and now spinning away in MD

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  10:13:30 AM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
I do it too and actually enjoy it. The only time of year that the true housecleaning/house organizing bug hits. It's almost like coming out of a cocoon - getting all the winter hibernation stuff packed away, cleaning while you do it. Then I feel ready for the simpler (less stuff/clothes needed - at least that's the idea) summer to come. Usually a home improvement project comes out of it too - painting a room, new light fixture, etc. Spring is such a wonderful time.
RoseM
Go to Top of Page

contrary1
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  10:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit contrary1's Homepage Send contrary1 a Private Message
Linda
No, you're not crazy........I'm doing much the same thing. Sunshine makes me see corners of the house I didn't notice all winter long. I'm into Freecycling too, so anything I haven't used gets moved along to another household that can use it. Makes cleaning even easier, someone comes & picks things up as I get them moved to the porch!
I've even made it to the bottom (well, almost) of my project stash. Only have 4 ongoing items at the moment.
Sue

Sue from
Country Yarns
www.countryyarns.net
Go to Top of Page

YarnGoddess
Permanent Resident

USA
2460 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  1:08:42 PM  Show Profile Send YarnGoddess a Private Message
Um, if any of you would like to come to my house and do all that I'll buy the cleaning supplies.
:-)

Elizabeth
Zipper & Diva

A sense of humor can help you tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, overlook the unattractive and smile through the unbearable.

To learn more about healthy nutrition for your cat, go here: http://www.catnutrition.org
Go to Top of Page

midnightskyfibers
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  1:40:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit midnightskyfibers's Homepage Send midnightskyfibers a Private Message
I feel the need to clean, but i tend not to if I can at all avoid it. I do however sort through stuff and get rid of things I dont want/need- the most recent being a massive stash reduction (getting rid of all the yarn I know ill never knit with) a couple weeks ago, and now the "cleaning spirit" has continued to my store, where on a whim i marked everything 50% off for today. Being able to ship it elsewhere beats organizing it!

http://www.midnightskyfibers.com handspun and handpainted yarns, fibers, and kits.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe