Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 What Yarn Have You Bought Lately?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  07:05:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I'm sitting here looking at shopping bags and shipping bags of new yarn that I don't want to put away just yet......I get inspired by looking at it, LOL. So glad I knit up my stash, only to be replaced by a new stash

With all the new yarns and colors that came out for Spring and all the fabulous sales in the yarn stores, what yarns have you bought lately?

GFTC of NYC

Knitty1
Chatty Knitter

USA
229 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  07:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Knitty1's Homepage Send Knitty1 a Private Message
Last Friday I bought 9 skiens of Berrocco Soft Twist in a Magenta color..........Going to do a cowl neck sweater out of Hip Knits.

Amy
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  07:31:12 AM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
Soy Silk in a deep rose, just a couple of balls...I am curious to know what it's like to work with. Awfully pricey though!

Trish
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  07:42:30 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Lara Print(muted fire colourway)from www.elann.com , Kelly(coral/sea green) from www.knitomatic.com, and Cezanne(orange) from www.knitwerx.com

"I firmly believe the Bible is the misinterpreted word of God." Mokey

www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

meowy
Chatty Knitter

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  07:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit meowy's Homepage Send meowy a Private Message
I got some of the "Hot" colors that Sugar N Cream put out :) Hot Green, Yellow, Orange, Pink, and waiting on Purple to be restocked somewhere for a decent price so I can buy some of it too hehe

Made one bag already (crocheted) with the green and some white, just need to add a flwoer or something. Then I don't rightly know what I'll make. Might try some more granny squares for different bag.

- meowy
- Knitting a Rat's Nest
- http://knit.strayalleycat.com
- 2005 Gallery
Go to Top of Page

RachelKnitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2995 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  09:18:08 AM  Show Profile Send RachelKnitter a Private Message
-Deep purple laceweight baby alpaca (I forget the brand)
-2 skeins of koigu in a pinky purply colorway
-Rowan Calmer in black
-Tahki Cotton Classic in cobalt blue (and knitting with it for one day already has my wrist and elbow hurting--grr---I hate cotton)
-Knitpicks Merino Style in Asparagus

I've been really, really bad lately.....

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep; his cupidity may at some point be satiated: but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Monkachia
Permanent Resident

USA
1224 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  10:10:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Monkachia's Homepage Send Monkachia a Private Message
I bought some rowan 4ply cotton in a maroon and some Zephyr for a shawl I wanted to try. Plus I need to whittle down my stash...
All the kitties need a check-up and I can't pay in yarn...
Chia
Go to Top of Page

KnitSSK
Seriously Hooked

USA
656 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  10:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnitSSK's Homepage Send KnitSSK a Private Message
Lately, I can't get enough of Elsebeth Levold's Silky Wool. I keep finding reasons to buy more. It was one of my favorites before, but now, the new colors are magnificent! Whether they are alone or mixed, they make beautiful projects.

Martha

Wanting to be knitting, not working...
Go to Top of Page

franna724
Seriously Hooked

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  10:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit franna724's Homepage Send franna724 a Private Message
I decided to try Lion Brand's Suede. I got two balls of Ebony and two balls of Eggplant. I'm using the Ebony to make a purse for my mom for Mother's Day. So far, so good. It's very soft, and I love the way garter stitch looks (I'm not a garter fan, except in Suede).

Anna
Go to Top of Page

Punctuatedknitter
Seriously Hooked

819 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  10:43:54 AM  Show Profile Send Punctuatedknitter a Private Message
-Nature Spun worsted for felting
-Ribbon Twist
-Rowan Cotton Tape and Linen Print

That's it, I'm making myself wait until May 1 to buy more!
Go to Top of Page

chellethinques
Permanent Resident

USA
1431 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  12:03:02 PM  Show Profile Send chellethinques a Private Message
I have officially given up on knitting anything for spring or summer, so I'm hoping for fall completion, LOL. Some autumny variegated Encore for another Wallaby for one of my resident rugrats and a bunch of coffee colored wool for a cardi for ME have recently found their way home...somehow...

If we are indeed made in the image of our Creator, it stands to reason that we are most like that Creator when we are creating something ourselves.
Go to Top of Page

paper tiger
Chatty Knitter

282 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  12:21:56 PM  Show Profile Send paper tiger a Private Message
12 skeins of a plummy Casmerino Aran, with 4 skeins of Classic Elite Beatrice as trim (don't know how to make it work yet). "Kit" of Anny Blatt angora and microfiber ribbon. 3 skeins Noro Daria.
Go to Top of Page

sydo
Chatty Knitter

USA
225 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  12:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Send sydo a Yahoo! Message Send sydo a Private Message
3 skeins Brooks Farm Mission Red Four Play silk and Merino---just love this yarn and the colorway--earthy reds--

3 skeins of Madil Rebus in Garnet

I seem to be in a red mood after a winter of neutrals.
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4395 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  12:56:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
Enough Manos in the Wildflower colorway to make myself a pullover with simple cables. It's such a luxury, but I really needed wanted it, so I can't even pretend that I don't know how it got into my yarn basket.

Jane

"Books are where things are explained to you, life is where things aren't and I'm not surprised that some people prefer books." Julian Barnes

I've updated my album! -- Jane's Pages
Go to Top of Page

SusanT
Seriously Hooked

950 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  1:31:25 PM  Show Profile Send SusanT a Private Message
10 Balls of Jo Sharp Soho Summer and 10 Balls of Cotton Glace. Both are for sweaters for myself.
Go to Top of Page

DietchGirl
Sustaining Member

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  1:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit DietchGirl's Homepage Send DietchGirl a Private Message
Just picked up some Berroco Glace from Elann. I didn't check as early as I usually do, and they only had two colors left. Of course, now I'm curious to know what I missed.

What else:
- Skacel Meteora (a nice modal/acrylic blend) in peach
- Mission Falls 1824 cotton in 2 colors
- Fiesta La Boheme in Tequila Sunrise (for a shawl)

Felicia in NYC

"This is mohair." "Mohair", he said and placed the furry ball on his head. "Mohair for me?" - from a very funny moment with my boyfriend in a LYS.
Go to Top of Page

xmasberry
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  1:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit xmasberry's Homepage Send xmasberry a Private Message
rowan calmer in coffee bean and sky blue for a summer shirt
karabella frost for the dolman updated that i've been wanting to make
classic elite premiere for a summer/fall sweater

other than that i am trying to knit up some of the projects already planned (meaning i have the yarn and know what i am knotting, i just have to do it before getting distracted with anything else).

holly x
"do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose" -Jef Mallett
little miss messy hair's blog
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  3:14:59 PM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
Hmmm....

I bought some Lorna's Laces and Koigu from a fellow knitter here in *stash reductions*, and some beautiful hand-dyed fisherman's wool from another board.

As for everything else I've gotten recently, I've swapped for it.
I've gotten lots of sock yarns along with some bartletts and handpainted yarns.
I've also swapped for some dpn's and circs and some beautiful handmade stitch markers too!

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  3:33:57 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
I ordered some lacewieght from handpainted yarn, and I'm waiting for my mule friend to bring it up for me. I think I got about 5 different colours, but don't remember exactly, so it'll be a nice surprise. More designs clamoring to get out!

Barbara
Remember, we're self-selecting!

My photos: I've gone back to yahoo!
My blog:
Go to Top of Page

orangina
Seriously Hooked

821 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  4:05:58 PM  Show Profile Send orangina a Private Message
I just rec'd my first Smiley's yarn order. Enough Filature Lanarota Luxor DK to make a short-sleeved tee. It's a cotton acrylic and was only $1.99 a ball! Looks great so far, the color is called "rust" and was prettier than I had hoped. A bit splitty, but not bad. I'm making the Knitting Pure and Simple v-neck tee. Just started it and it's fun, knit from the top down in all one piece.

I also ordered some Lion Brand Cotton Ease to make a long-sleeved sweater. The pattern:

http://www.estelledesigns.ca/images/FreePaterns/silksweater.htm

The cotton-ease was only 3.99 per ball and is on its way from Joanne's, and I got free shipping! I have swatched it before and really like it.

Guess I've been bargain-hunting lately. I just can't see spending 70 or 80 smackers on each sweater, goes against my grain!
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  4:54:03 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message
I purchased some Noro silk ribbon in bottle green to strand with Trendsetter Flora, a confetti twist on a gold thread. It made a most elegant scarf. I am usually not a scarf person, but couldn't resist.

M L
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.