Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 What Yarn Have You Bought Lately?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Falco
Chatty Knitter

132 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  5:04:52 PM  Show Profile Send Falco a Private Message
I bought Debbie Bliss Soho #1-grey/green color and Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran in beach, enough each for a sweater. I'm trying to finish a summer sweater in Berroco denim silk first before I start anything new.

Denise
Go to Top of Page

gibsongirl
Seriously Hooked

965 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  5:45:45 PM  Show Profile Send gibsongirl a Private Message
I indulged in some Big Wool on sale at PurlSoho, and I picked up some KnitPicks Merino Style in Moss, Tide Pool, and Frost for a felted bag. The Merino Style is amazingly soft, and the Tide Pool and Frost colors are perfect for summer.

-gibsongirl
Go to Top of Page

GrandmaHatter
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  6:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrandmaHatter's Homepage Send GrandmaHatter a Private Message
MMMMmmmmmmm new yarn....
Sometimes I carry a skein of my new yarn around with me in my knitting bag to "get ideas for it" but really I just want to look at it.

I bought some Rowan Calmer in a dark purple color to make a shrug from the new Rowan magazine, and some Artfibers Kurassawa (merino and silk) in a slightly verigated very very dark blueish green color that is delish. The Artfibers yarn is my carry around one!

Kristin

www.kristingoedert.com
Go to Top of Page

gone2seed
Warming Up

77 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  6:20:06 PM  Show Profile Send gone2seed a Private Message
I splurged on cherry tree hill silk & merino dk in Martha's Vineyard.
Was it worth it! It's so luminous and soft, and the colors keep reminding me of Connemara (I've never been to Martha's Vineyard), very very happy with it. I need to start saving to buy more of this stuff!
so pretty!
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  6:45:03 PM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
gone2seed, I've been to Martha's Vineyard & it is absolutely beautiful! I can just imagine how lovely your yarn must be!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

denmark
Gabber Extraordinaire

377 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  05:37:26 AM  Show Profile Send denmark a Private Message
Since we're moving away from Europe in 2 months (YIKES!), I'm buying European yarns like a crazed woman.

Bouton D'Or...yummy varigated yarn to make the Best Friend Jacket

Blue Liecester Aran to make the Great American Aran Afghan

Scottish DK yarn in shades of heather violet, purple and leaf green...I'm thinking of the Adult Surprise Jacket (are there directions for DK weight?)

Tons of Colinette! Well, maybe not tons, but enough to hold off Colinette withdraw once back in the USA.

Beth

Go to Top of Page

probablyjane
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1227 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  06:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit probablyjane's Homepage Send probablyjane a Private Message
I had a meeting in town last night so popped into John Lewis for a quick look round and came out with:

4 balls of Kureyon for two felted bags
7 balls of silk garden for Clapotis (yes, eventually I jump on the bandwagon...)
8 balls of Rowan Cotton Glace in my favourite discontinued shade as they happened to have the same dye lot as the 10 balls in my stash...

As if I needed more as I am expecting a little something from Elann, Texere, Angel Yarns and E-Bay....

Am in trouble

Jane

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/janelithgow/album
Go to Top of Page

RachelKnitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2995 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  07:24:19 AM  Show Profile Send RachelKnitter a Private Message
Amendment to previous list:

-Deep purple laceweight baby alpaca (I forget the brand)
-2 skeins of koigu in a pinky purply colorway
-Rowan Calmer in black
-Tahki Cotton Classic in cobalt blue (and knitting with it for one day already has my wrist and elbow hurting--grr---I hate cotton)
-Knitpicks Merino Style in Asparagus

The Cotton Classic is going back--too much wrist pain. Replaced with Debbie Bliss' new yarn, Cathay, a blend of 50% cotton, 35% microfiber and 15% silk. I got 12 skeins in a spring green color. Delightful, and no wrist pain!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep; his cupidity may at some point be satiated: but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Mickey
Permanent Resident

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  5:26:32 PM  Show Profile Send Mickey a Private Message

winter yarns are cheap right now so I splurged a bit:
1 skein of laceweight Pure Cashmere Pashmina in seamist
3 balls of Noro Kureyon in blue/green
6 skeins of Cynthia Helen kid mohair/lambswool in jade

and these I intend to use pretty soon:
3 balls of Noro Lily in teal
10 balls of Coats Blue Jeans cotton in indigo

Go to Top of Page

umbaba
Seriously Hooked

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  10:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit umbaba's Homepage Send umbaba a Private Message
I "reserved" one of the Anny Blatt angora/ribbon scarf kits that just came in for my shop. Yummy.
I am also still trudging away on a baby blanket from some stash varigated cotton of some sort. I had a feeling I needed to start a baby blanket even though I didn't know anyone pregnant. Surprise surprise my friend who has not had a period in three years just found out she is SIX MONTHS PREGNANT - the baby is due the same month as she turns 46!!! She'd been trying to get pregnant ever since her 21 year old son was out of diapers. She and her husband are thrilled (and all tests for the baby show that it's healthy!) I guess I'd better finish it.

...as soon as I finish this row

www.abundantyarn.com
Go to Top of Page

Mlle Defarge
Warming Up

64 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  10:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mlle Defarge's Homepage Send Mlle Defarge a Private Message
I'm starting to stock up on yarn for my trip north, and picked up a Fleece Artist Basic Socks kit in the prettiest pink/ magenta/ red combination. I really want to start knitting with it RIGHT NOW but I'm doing my best to be a good girl.

http://mlledefarge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knitterlady
Chatty Knitter

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  05:33:56 AM  Show Profile Send knitterlady a Private Message
I don't read much in these posts about Blue Heron yarns, some of the most gorgeous rayon blends I've ever seen. I used the Ric Rac to make the Coconut Grove Shawl from Spring Knitters and a modified Shape It! Scarf-turned-into-wrap from the Knit Stitch book. I'm also using Manos Cotton Stria (what colors!) to make the same pattern. Pink Koigu is on the way for my first lace scarf, and I will be stalking Morehouse Merino at the MD Sheep & Wool Festival.

Someone actually used up her stash?? Wow. I didn't know that could be done.
Go to Top of Page

FluffyKnitterDeb
New Pal

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  05:47:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit FluffyKnitterDeb's Homepage Send FluffyKnitterDeb a Private Message
Got some deep red South West Trading Company Bamboo for a solid color Charlotte's Web Shawl, some Interlacements Toasty Toes in Poppy Fields and Rick Rack in Grape Harvest for socks and a shawl respectively. Already making a beautiful shawl from Knitter's Best of Shawls and Scarves with Blue Heron Laceweight cotton in Opal...beautiful shades of sage, light slate blue and lavender.

All new yarns to me and all WONDERFUL!!

Debi
Go to Top of Page

JenG
Chatty Knitter

Canada
262 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  05:59:03 AM  Show Profile Send JenG a Private Message
I just splurged and bought two kits that use yarn from Fleece Artist in Nova Scotia. http://www.fleeceartist.com Their yarn is absolutely gorgeous, and I think priced quite reasonably compared to others. I made a beautiful lace scarf out of one hank of their cashmere last year, and love it. The kits I bought were for a lovely loose coat (my Mom's Xmas gift)http://www.fleeceartist.com/kits_garterstjacket.html and the other is for an afghan for my hubby and me.
Go to Top of Page

kristajo
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
436 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  06:02:44 AM  Show Profile Send kristajo a Private Message
A ball of Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran (colour: Tusk) to finish "Demi" from "Vintage Style" (I ran out of yarn). Won't be knitting an aran design with this yarn again, as its uneven homespun texture makes cables look amateurish.

Also bought 3 balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze (and the beads) to knit the Butterfly tank top from Rowan 37 (colour: Pearl... I was gonna go with a lavender, but it didn't really look good with the available beads). Swatching has been tricky so far, since ripping out is so difficult. I think this will be a slow knit!!

Krista Jo
http://knitwit.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ramona725
New Pal

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  06:07:13 AM  Show Profile Send Ramona725 a Private Message
8 skeins of Koigu ( 2 each kpppm greens, pinks, orange and rusts,and a plums.)
Plus a something new that I found called Celestial Merino! by Lucy Neatby. I got the Fiery Fuchsia. As usual for me, they are going to made
into socks for me. JOY!!!
Mona

RN by day...knitter by night
==========
You can tell the quality of a person by the way they treat people they
don't need.
Go to Top of Page

MoBarger
Chatty Knitter

311 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  08:34:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit MoBarger's Homepage Send MoBarger a Private Message
6 skeins of Manos del Uruguay in 2 different schemes to make a shrug for me and my sister;
tons of Sugar n Cream that were on sale for .79 a ball to make washcloths;
sock yarn and more sock yar. I can't get enough of self-patterning yarn;
Patons Fresco ribbon yarn for a tank for me;
I must admit I drool over all the sales everyone has every week, and over the Knitpicks catalogs as they come. :-D

Mo Barger, close to Ithaca, NY
My Journal
I make soaps, too!
Go to Top of Page

zehava
Chatty Knitter

Canada
335 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  08:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit zehava's Homepage Send zehava a Private Message
i want a real yarn budget crammit.

the only yarn i've bought lately is 4 balls of Regia sock yarn.

i was given a lovely gift by my LYS owner of two small skeins of koigu though (they're bigger than a 'sample' skein, smaller than a full skein) :) now i have to find a small project worthy of them :)

-z
Go to Top of Page

Diane
Gabber Extraordinaire

366 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  09:03:27 AM  Show Profile Send Diane a Private Message
I bought some Chamonix in a pink color and Cashair in cream on sale at Jimmy Beans; some Llama Seta (alpaca silk) on sale at Webs; and just got some Radiance Wave from Knit picks in leaf, and the two coffee/brown colors. That's it for a while....
Go to Top of Page

Marin
New Pal

21 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  09:10:09 AM  Show Profile Send Marin a Private Message
Inspired by a review here, I bought five skeins of three-ply Alice Starmore Hebridean wool from Scotland (www.virtualyarns.com) in Pebble Beach. I've spent many evenings of late stroking the yarn and holding it up to the light to see the 30+ colours that comprise it. I plan to make my sis-in-law a big, fluffy Moebius scarf for the fall. I'm pretty sure I got too much of this yarn... can you ever have too much yarn?

I gotta say, it was really cool to get mail from Scotland, too. I'm sure my friendly neighbourhood postal worker is curious about the mysterious woman with the exotic packages.

That's my fantasy, anyway.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.