Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 What Yarn Have You Bought Lately?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Deni
Chatty Knitter

198 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  09:29:14 AM  Show Profile Send Deni a Private Message
I've been on an online buying spree lately. From handpaintedyarn.com, I bought 3 skeins of "Emerald Blue" lace weight wool that I'm going to use for a Bella Lace Poncho for myself and a skein of "Orchid" lace weight for a moebius scarf for a friend. Over at herrschners.com, I took advantage of the sale on Caron Dawn Sayelle and bought 12 skeins of a blue ombre for Lisa Lloyd's Celtic poncho pattern. I signed up for a class in felting at my LYS and got a couple of skeins of "Vashon Island" Cascade 220 for a hat.
Go to Top of Page

cats
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  09:39:59 AM  Show Profile Send cats a Private Message
I've been really good. I've stuck to my New Year's resolution which was no new yarn until I have finished a certain number of projects. I've been so tempted but haven't given in to the temptation yet.
Go to Top of Page

cmccord@aol.com

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  09:40:04 AM  Show Profile Send cmccord@aol.com a Private Message
Are you knitting with your cotton on wood or metal needles...

Metal needles seem to work best for me with the cottons. I'm starting a tank top for my DD in a variegated cotton and it goes smoothly after casting on.

quote:
Originally posted by RachelKnitter

-Deep purple laceweight baby alpaca (I forget the brand)
-2 skeins of koigu in a pinky purply colorway
-Rowan Calmer in black
-Tahki Cotton Classic in cobalt blue (and knitting with it for one day already has my wrist and elbow hurting--grr---I hate cotton)
-Knitpicks Merino Style in Asparagus

I've been really, really bad lately.....

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep; his cupidity may at some point be satiated: but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

cmccord@aol.com

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  09:43:51 AM  Show Profile Send cmccord@aol.com a Private Message
Over the last week bought Manos Del Uraguay 2 different skeins for small felting projects for mothers day (change purses) will be first attempt at felting. Loved the colors so had to buy good stuff.

1 skein of Lion Brand Landscape - they say it felts, we'll see if it passes the test.

Other than that have been good - working through my stash before my DH gets taken over by yarn. Just bought a couple of sizes of different needles, Dpoints etc.
Go to Top of Page

Garden mom
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  09:50:57 AM  Show Profile Send Garden mom a Private Message
I also had the NY's resolution to make my projects before buying any more yarn, BUT I couldn't resist the Cezanne and the Rio from www.knitwerx.com. The Cezanne is wonderfully soft (especially while knitting) and has beautiful colours - perfect for the new summer sweater project I'm starting. The Rio is so funky - I bought enough to make a sweater and a poncho for my 2yo daughter!

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are right."
Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  10:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
Well, I'm not so sure if this is the question/statement that should have been in this week's KR email for us to answer!!...A few things that I've bought for my stash are as follows (and each and everything has an important purpose whether for Christmas, my grandbaby,or for me...bc I NEVER do anything for me...lol!!)...here goes...I placed an order with knitpicks on 4-19 consisting of:
2 skeins blue bonnet & 1 skein cherry blossom wool of the andes for a booga bag; 3 skeins of natural wool of the andes (for dyeing) for 2 boogas and a Sophie; 2 skeins of coal wool of the andes for trim for a bobble trimmed wrap (seen in vogue accessorize; but I'm doing mine in a beautiful gray instead of the taupe)and the trim for the hat and mittens to go with the wrap (already had some coal...but not sure it's enough); 9 skeins of winter night wool of the andes for wavy scarf (knitty.com) and a very cool hat that I found to match and for some cool wrist (voodoo warmers - knitty) or some other wrist warmers I found...perhaps mittens, even...not sure on that one!!; 3 skeins petal merino style to make the socks (also in accessorize) to match the scarf (ruffles-scarf style) and other things I'm knitting to match ruffles (hat & mittens, I think) all in petal merino....(already have the rest of this petal at home) matching sock yarn was lacking; 2 pink crayon (new cotton yarn); 2 purple crayon; 1 orange crayon; 1 yellow crayon(crayon skeins to be used to make 2 cute dresses & hats for my grandbaby-found in Hip Knits as a patriotic sun dress & hat, but her mama wanted bright colors instead); and I bought a yarn guide to see if it really worked!! Whew...told u it was gonna be quite the answer!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! The shipment should be here soon...BUT...there's one major, major drawback...i don't knit FAST ENOUGH!! Have fun knitting, my friends!!

Addicted to the Knit
Rebecca
Go to Top of Page

simpleknitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  10:43:32 AM  Show Profile Send simpleknitter a Private Message
Candy by Artful yarns. so cute and fast to knit. made a halter top in an evening. love the spring/summer colors.
Go to Top of Page

mmurray@flk.com
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  11:43:17 AM  Show Profile Send mmurray@flk.com a Private Message
Oh, my stash! It's legendary. I am trying to be "good" and work my way through it before buying new yarn. I found a pattern for a lovely wavy mohair scarf, but needed a new needle to work it, so off I went to the yarn store...and bought the needle and yarn for a new project, of course! The yarn is artfibers Houdini, and I am making a ribbon shell which I have been thinking about for months. But no new yarn after this! (Ha!)
Go to Top of Page

Pampered Punkin
New Pal

47 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  11:45:16 AM  Show Profile Send Pampered Punkin a Private Message
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in a color called "Black Pearl". One of the clerks at the yarn store was making a pair of socks out of it and the yarn knitted up beautifully. So, I couldn't resist buying some and making my own pair. I also bought some Frog Tree sport weight alpaca in a color called "Basil". I'll probably end up making socks out of that also.
Go to Top of Page

xmasberry
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  11:47:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit xmasberry's Homepage Send xmasberry a Private Message
i love the "black pearl" color! i have some of that i still need to knit up!

holly x
"do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose" -Jef Mallett
little miss messy hair's blog
Go to Top of Page

RachelKnitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2995 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  11:54:37 AM  Show Profile Send RachelKnitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by cmccord@aol.com

Are you knitting with your cotton on wood or metal needles...

Metal needles seem to work best for me with the cottons. I'm starting a tank top for my DD in a variegated cotton and it goes smoothly after casting on.

I've tried both, and plastic too. Cotton just kills me because it doesn't have any give. It's not that it doesn't move smoothly enough on the needles, it just doesn't stretch the way wool does. I'm returning the Cotton Classic and working instead with a cotton/microfiber/silk blend (Debbie Bliss' Cathay) that I love.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep; his cupidity may at some point be satiated: but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

vst@virginia.edu

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  12:04:15 PM  Show Profile Send vst@virginia.edu a Private Message
I have bought Touch Me, Prism, Dune, lots of 2nd time cotton, tons of trellis

Vickie
Go to Top of Page

pixie_day
Chatty Knitter

130 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  12:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit pixie_day's Homepage Send pixie_day a Private Message
I caved on my resolution not to buy any new yarn yesterday and ordered Katio Ola in blue.
Go to Top of Page

Molly C
Seriously Hooked

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  12:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Molly C's Homepage Send Molly C a Private Message
Yesterday I just bought some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky in an indigo color for a blanket for a new baby due in early winter. This stuff is so soft it's heavenly. I'm working it up in farrow rib, and I think it will be really nice.

Molly
Knitting Away in Connecticut.

Have a blog? Join the KR Webring and share your blog with the rest of the group! Click here.
Go to Top of Page

gisela
Chatty Knitter

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  1:50:53 PM  Show Profile Send gisela a Private Message
I bought several skeins of the Misty Alpaca Laceweight to make some scarfs. Some Handpainted Yarn worsted in a beautiful blue to make my 1 1/2 year old grandaughter a sweater. From Elann I bought some Peruvian Baby Cashmere about 15 balls each in a dark purple and in black to make some shawls.

I think I need to stop, but it is sooooo hard.

Gisela
Go to Top of Page

midnightskyfibers
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  5:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit midnightskyfibers's Homepage Send midnightskyfibers a Private Message
some fingering weight cashmere for a lace shawl.

But mostly ive been knitting bags from my handspun and scap wool yarns to felt.

http://www.midnightskyfibers.com handspun and handpainted yarns, fibers, and kits.
Go to Top of Page

GrandmaHatter
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  5:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrandmaHatter's Homepage Send GrandmaHatter a Private Message
Oooh, that is going to be sooo NICE! I would love a blanket knit out of Cashmerino Superchunky. It really is so nice and soft- I knit the Simply Marilyn Sweater out of it a while ago and have been looking for another project with it ever since!

Kristin

quote:
Originally posted by Molly C

Yesterday I just bought some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky in an indigo color for a blanket for a new baby due in early winter. This stuff is so soft it's heavenly. I'm working it up in farrow rib, and I think it will be really nice.

Molly
Knitting Away in Connecticut.

Have a blog? Join the KR Webring and share your blog with the rest of the group! Click here.

www.kristingoedert.com
Go to Top of Page

carollovesyarn
Warming Up

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  8:05:22 PM  Show Profile Send carollovesyarn a Private Message
Noro Geisha (ribbon-ish) - ebaaaay
Hemp/cotton - hemptraders.com

and 4 pounds of kid mohair and 12 of corri-romney - better get spinning!

Carol
Go to Top of Page

needles54
Chatty Knitter

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  05:14:09 AM  Show Profile Send needles54 a Private Message
3 skeins of Debbie Bliss merino DK in light blue, 2 skeins of SUmmerwind in Yellow/Orange, 3 Skeins of Carons One Pounders in Lace, Evergreen Burgundy, 20 skeins of Patons Look at Me in Red Blue Peacock and Kelly, 3 skeins of Cervina Londra, 3 Skeins of Cervina Fiamma, 3 Skeins of LB Landscapes, 4 of LB woolease Chunky in Blue Bell 3 skeins of Sizzle My stash building tendencies are legendary and gosh I have to slow down

"save lives---don't knit and drive"
Go to Top of Page

rinachiyya
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  05:48:02 AM  Show Profile Send rinachiyya a Private Message

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?