Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Talk about shops profiled in Knitter's Review
 e-knitting=Patternworks=frustration
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

midddeb
Warming Up

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  12:27:30 PM  Show Profile Send midddeb a Private Message
e-knitting is now part of Patternworks. I think perhaps too many changes are happening at once for this company.

I just received my order from e-knitting. Part of my order, I should say. Of 6 items ordered, 2 were out of stock and 2 have been discontinued. No mention of this when I ordered online, and no e-mails to address the problems. I ended up calling to cancel the backordered items, since they will not arrive until after Christmas, when, of course, they are supposed to be opened as finished objects, not balls of yarn!

My final (promise!) complaint: I was charged the full shipping fee with this initial shipment. Since I canceled the two backordered items, I will have to make a note on my next order that I am due a credit for shipping (they can't credit my Visa for less than a certain amount, so now it is my responsibility to keep track...)

grrrrrrrr......

Thanks for letting me vent!!

Deb

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  12:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Can't credit your Visa for less than a certain amount?!? Vent schment, that's a load of hooey. They should do whatever it takes to make this right. How sad and disappointing that this isn't the case.

Try http://www.KnitPicks.com - so far I've been extremely impressed with their timeliness and service. They're working hard to build their brand and their company, and it shows.

Hang in there!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1939 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  2:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message
They can post a credit to your account...they just don't want to pay the fee! and they're probably hoping you'll forget about the credit.

Go to Top of Page

Tengo3
New Pal

35 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  09:51:26 AM  Show Profile Send Tengo3 a Private Message
I just got an order from Patternworks. I ordered 12 skeins of yarn. I received 6. The rest are backordered. I didn't receive any of the patterns I ordered because they were discontinued. I placed my order with them because I wanted to get everything at one time. If I had known they were discontinued, I would have ordered somewhere else. Now I'm stuck trying to get a pattern here in 3 days for my sister-in-laws birthday. (I'm giving her yarn and a pattern). Grr...

Victoria
http://www.mamamarketplace.com
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2674 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  10:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message
This time last year, Eknitting was my favorite "fancy" online shop, and Patternworks was my favorite "basics" online shop. I haven't ordered from them since the just after sale/takeovers when I did one order from each, to "test" and was frustrated and disappointed by both - backorders, bad communication, lost items, the works.

Too bad - two great companies ruined.

Luann

Go to Top of Page

agnesgooch
Gabber Extraordinaire

573 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  1:49:46 PM  Show Profile Send agnesgooch a Private Message
Victoria,
What good are the 6 skeins of yarn when the other 6 are backordered? More than likely the backordered skeins are going to be another dye lot and the difference could be quite noticeable. I think I'm going to rethink ever ordering from Patternworks again. When I last got a catalog from them it was just another copy of the catalog from the year before. When I pointed that out to them they gave me some crap about people wanting new copies of the old catalog because they were worn out. What good is the old catalog when they don't even carry a lot of stuff in it anymore? I still wanted the new catalog and requested so, but they never sent me one. I guess they are prospering enough that they don't need my money. I'll spend my money elsewhere, thank you.
Cathy
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  3:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
yep - and i ordered brown sheep nature spun for my new knitting students and got (and got charged for) brown sheep lambs pride. too late to send back, the classes started saturday.

what a bummer.

Go to Top of Page

Tengo3
New Pal

35 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  5:19:08 PM  Show Profile Send Tengo3 a Private Message
I'm sorry, I should have clarified. My 4 skeins of naturespun, and 2 skeins of babaajoes came in fine, but the lopi lite was backordered. So, not quite as bad as it could have been. However, I don't know that I'll be ordering again.
I really hate that they don't see an email confirming your order, but I love their pattern wizard. Of course, what good is that when they don't carry the patterns anymore?

quote:

Victoria,
What good are the 6 skeins of yarn when the other 6 are backordered? More than likely the backordered skeins are going to be another dye lot and the difference could be quite noticeable.

Victoria
http://www.mamamarketplace.com
Go to Top of Page

cableready
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  06:34:26 AM  Show Profile Send cableready a Private Message
Hi All! Chalk me up as another dissatisfied patternworks customer..I have had duplicate shipping problems, and have had items shipped to me that I had cancelled because they were backordered, which they do not indicate if you order online..you have to call and find out.....
anyway, there are alot of GREAT online stores with super service out there ...I especially like to order from companies that indicate if items are in stock and let me decide if I want to wait for an item that is backordered or not.. thanks for letting me vent.....
I recently ordered from knitpicks and they were EXCELLENT :) :)

Pamela :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?