Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Household Items and Accessories
 Colinette Absolutely Fabulous Throw Kit Book
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

faeriesong
New Pal

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  08:34:43 AM  Show Profile Send faeriesong a Private Message
Hi,
I recently bought a 1200g bag of assorted Colinette wools, all in cream, to make a throw.
I wish now that I had just bought a Colinette Absolutely Fabulous Throw kit - I had read somewhere that the Ab Fab kits had been discontinued (which I have since discovered is not true) and because I panicked and bought this instead, I have just the wools, but no pattern and I'm not even sure if I have enough for a throw!
Eeek! Help! Does anyone have any Colinette throw patterns or has anyone knitted the throw from their kit and know how much yarn it takes?
I would be really grateful for any help!
many thanks
Mary

CrazyforEwe
Chatty Knitter

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  2:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit CrazyforEwe's Homepage Send CrazyforEwe a Private Message
There is a terrific pattern book called Colinette Comforts that has a variety of throw patterns in it. It may even be the same pattern that comes with the kit. You should be able to get it anywhere they sell Colinette yarn. Good luck. Colinette is so beautiful. I'm sure your project will be gorgeous.

Ellen

A bad day at the yarn shop is better than a great day at the office!
www.crazyforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

faeriesong
New Pal

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  12:06:58 PM  Show Profile Send faeriesong a Private Message
Thank you so much Ellen, I'll try and get hold of a copy!
Go to Top of Page

denmark
Gabber Extraordinaire

377 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  03:06:03 AM  Show Profile Send denmark a Private Message
Hi Mary,

I've made the Ab Fab and it calls 800 grams of yarns, or 8 skeins. The skeins vary in yardage, with mohair having the most at 175 yards per skein. The pattern called for 3 skeins of mohair. I'm sure you'll have more than enough.

Now as to the question of whether the Ab Fab has been discontinued...I live in Denmark and frequently call Colinette and place orders directly over the phone (saves $$), and each time I call, I ask if the Ab Fab kit is available, and each time the answer is "no, it's been discontinued". I asked about the USA market, because I also see it being offered in the catalogues, and it's very confusing. Their response is that it goes through the USA distributor, and maybe there is alot of backstock. Hmmm...so, there we go!

In any case, get the Comforts book (the Tuscany Throw looks the same, with some types of yarn being different) and enjoy!!

Beth
Go to Top of Page

homebodyknits
Seriously Hooked

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  05:33:27 AM  Show Profile Send homebodyknits a Private Message
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.kaleidoscopeyarns.com/colinette-ab-fab-afghan-throw-kit.html

Ab Fab meaning absolutely fabulous?

Homebody Knits

Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  07:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I have the Colinette Comforts book and I agree that it's a good book to own. There are lots of combinations of Colinette yarn for throws, shawls, wraps, and scarves and offers lots of ways to combine your leftover mohair, ribbon, bulky, thick/thin and other kinds of yarn, Colinette or other brands. I don't remember where I bought it but possibly from one of the UK sellers on eBay.

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  09:07:19 AM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message
Anyone know where or what site to get this wonderful book yet?

Lelani

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today." White
Go to Top of Page

glccafar
Seriously Hooked

825 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  09:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit glccafar's Homepage Send glccafar a Private Message
I bought it not too long ago from Personal Threads. Not the cheapest place out there, but they had some other patterns I wanted. It's a beautiful booklet.
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  10:10:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I googled and found several places to buy the book. Try googling "Colinette Comforts" with the quotation marks. Don't pay more than $15.

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  8:29:12 PM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message
Thanks I did google it as suggested and I found it at Kalidescope yarns for 12.97(something like that).I have ordered it already, thanks!!

Lelani

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today." White
Go to Top of Page

Cas
New Pal

18 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  02:23:16 AM  Show Profile Send Cas a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by denmark

Now as to the question of whether the Ab Fab has been discontinued...I live in Denmark and frequently call Colinette and place orders directly over the phone (saves $$), and each time I call, I ask if the Ab Fab kit is available, and each time the answer is "no, it's been discontinued". I asked about the USA market, because I also see it being offered in the catalogues, and it's very confusing. Their response is that it goes through the USA distributor, and maybe there is alot of backstock.

And we have the same story here in Oz. Though my supplire here goes through both the USA and the uk to get stock. She said that Colinete in Wales have finished with Ab Fab and now sell Perugino, but she can get it from the US . Catch is, it's now much more pricey for her. Guess that's why there's so few Ab Fabs on ebay these days - none to be got from uk.

I got Comforts from her and found that it's a US book anyway - that's why it's probably cheaper in America. I havnt knit anything from it. I cheated and got a Perugino kit instead lol. Now that;s a dead easy pattern.
Cheers
Cas
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  06:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
What is the Perugino kit?

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page

Cas
New Pal

18 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  4:18:10 PM  Show Profile Send Cas a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GFTC

What is the Perugino kit?

GFTC of NYC

some here