Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Talk about shops profiled in Knitter's Review
 Yarn Shops along the Hudson
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knitbugg
Chatty Knitter

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  9:33:14 PM  Show Profile Send knitbugg a Private Message
I enjoyed the reviews of the shops along the Hudson River, many of which I visit on a regular basis. However, I wanted to add a little known shop that has been in existance for 30 years. In Peekskill just off Rte 9 on Washington St. (Take the Hudson St. exit and turn left at the light.) is The Cozy Corner Yarn Shop. The proprietor, Janet Hard, has over 50 years experience in knitting and crochet. Her stock can be fairly basic but there are always gems to be found on the sale shelves. But the true value is in Janet herself. I have yet to find a pattern Janet has not met and she can reel off patterns no longer in print. Located in a historic building the table in the back room is always filled with customers and old friends. Saturdays can find so many customers dropping in with questions or just stopping by for the companionship that many resort to sitting on the floor.
If you are taking a trip up the Hudson to visit knitting stores this is one to be added.

Two Sticks and a String
Permanent Resident

USA
1453 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  04:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Two Sticks and a String's Homepage Send Two Sticks and a String a Private Message
Vanessa,
I only discovered knitting in January while recuperating from surgery. I have had such a hard time finding any shops here, I relied solely on the internet to learn. I had relocated to SC from the beautiful Hudson Valley in November. Then ARGH I learned that HV was a knitting mecca! Boy, was I green with envy.
I will be going up there for a visit in 2 weeks, and I will be visiting all those shops!! I just can't wait!!!

Dorene

"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away." -Unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe