Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Favorite Yarns
 Noro Kureyon
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pockykami
New Pal

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  08:59:29 AM  Show Profile Send Pockykami a Private Message
Hojo- I have seen the Kareoke yarns and I agree that they look beautiful. It is a great yarn on its own, but I would never replace kureyon with it. Noro's colors are just too beautiful. I have been trying other self-striping yarns. Have you tried Berroco's Foliage? The striping sequence isn't very long so it's not good for sweaters, but it is still very nice.

Rachael
Go to Top of Page

Renocat
Permanent Resident

1327 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  09:21:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renocat's Homepage Send Renocat a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by morningglory

..in the scarf book by Pam Allen is a great big shawl in entrelac and I used the kureyon,
Lorie

Do you have a pic of the lady eleanor in kureyon? I just ordered coloway #92 from Purl soho do make this shawl and can't wait to see how it turns out.

[img]http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/knit.gif[/img]
Kim
I have a blog! http://kimsknitpage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

thdx3
Seriously Hooked

691 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  10:30:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit thdx3's Homepage Send thdx3 a Private Message
Kim -

Here's a completed Lady Eleanor from one of the members of the Scarf Style Knitalong blog - pretty astounding, no?

Mmmm...Noro...is there nothing it can't do?

Knit on -

Terri D. in NYC
off jumps jack
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  11:24:43 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
For those who don't like Kureyon, try some of the Diakeito yarns. Personally I prefer the NOro, but it is an option.

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

addicted2yarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  5:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit addicted2yarn's Homepage Send addicted2yarn a Private Message
I love Kureyon too! I've made some scarfs from it and after washing they aren't *too* itchy and I consider myself pretty sensitive to wool.

-Ellen
Go to Top of Page

luv2knitgrl
Warming Up

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  12:54:43 PM  Show Profile Send luv2knitgrl a Private Message
I too am a HUGE fan of Noro Kureyon - I made a felted booga bag with it, then I just finished some clogs, but haven't felted them yet. However, I have been totally impressed working with this yarn. I am also using the Cash Iro to make the opera gloves with the embroidery pattern in the Winter 2005 Vogue. So far the Iro is softer and not as scratchy and I'm loving the texture and feel of the gloves. I was also told that the more oils from your hands you distribute to the Noro yarns the softer they become, and so far I'm finding this to be true. It does seem to get softer the more you work with it or touch it. I LOVE all the color schemes.
Marilyn

Knit On... Luv2 Knit
Go to Top of Page

sydo
Chatty Knitter

USA
225 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  05:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Send sydo a Yahoo! Message Send sydo a Private Message
I am now finishing a Kureyon Clapotis, in absolutely glorious jewel-like colors (#90). The charm of the shawl/ scarf for me is its rippling pattern that results from the dropped stitches.

However, I began to worry that washing the Kureyon for softness would result in the loss of the ripples. Kate Gibson, the pattern's creator confirmed that this would indeed happen even if I dried it rolled up or tried to reshape it in little waves.

So now I am between a rock and a hard place. I cannot soften the yarn I love without losing the reason I love the pattern so much. Has anybody got any better idea? As it is, I am planning to leave it alone.

Sydo
Go to Top of Page

knitabit33
Seriously Hooked

742 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  04:58:18 AM  Show Profile Send knitabit33 a Private Message
I have just finished 3 booga bags in Kureyon and will soon start
3 more. All will be Christmas presents. The yarn isn't soft, but the
colors are awesome. And for felting is great.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

sweetnsour
Chatty Knitter

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  12:09:25 AM  Show Profile Send sweetnsour a Private Message
I've just gotten my first four skeins of Noro ever, and I picked Kureyon #92. The color is great, and I was suprised at how not itchy it is to me. It's not very soft, but it's not making me itch yet, so hopefully it will get better with washing and use. The Silk Garden that I played around with in the store didn't feel as nice on first look, but maybe it's the same situation with that. Anyhow, I'm definitely going to try to get more of this yarn in the future for other projects, since I found an LYS nearby that has a good color range.

Amy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.