Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Talk about shops profiled in Knitter's Review
 Imagiknit, San Francisco, CA
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lizaltmann
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  8:24:34 PM  Show Profile Send lizaltmann a Private Message
I visited this shop when I was in the city. My daughter and I were so excited to see another gathering of yarn. Yes, the yarn was spectacular. The colors and textures were wonderful. However, none of the yarns were priced and everytime we wanted to know a price, we had to interrupt the salesperson and ask them. After the fourth time of asking for prices I inquired as to why the prices weren't posted. I was told that the owner didn't want to post them. Unfortunately, that was the last time I visited Imagiknit. I like to stroll, touch, and dream about yarn projects. Knowing the prices is essential to good dreaming.

orangina
Seriously Hooked

821 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  08:21:13 AM  Show Profile Send orangina a Private Message
I've been there quite a few times and found that the prices were posted on little signs. Sort of tags hung on each yarn-display segment. The individual balls of yarns weren't priced, but I was able to see the prices right there next to each type of yarn. Along with the stitches per inch, fiber, etc. I haven't been there in about a month, but it's always been done that way in the past.
Go to Top of Page

freecia
Chatty Knitter

195 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2005 :  5:01:56 PM  Show Profile Send freecia a Private Message
Same here. They have tags near the yarn. You just have to look for them :)

Check out their cute buttons!
Go to Top of Page

SFMichael
Gabber Extraordinaire

437 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2005 :  5:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit SFMichael's Homepage Send SFMichael a Private Message
It is possible that you are confusing Imagiknit with Atelier on Divisidero. They don't post prices. However, not only does Imagiknit post prices pretty conspicuously, the tags they have hanging on the shelves also give yardage, gauge, composition, recommended needle size and (I love this) price per yard so you can do comparison shopping.

Michael
http://pages.prodigy.net/maecooper/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.